U.S. Qashqai Will Debut In Detroit - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

U.S. Qashqai Will Debut In Detroit

Set to start this month on the 8th, Nissan is said to debut their popular European crossover at the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Having been a best-seller in Nissan's lineup everywhere else since 2006, it’s about time U.S. customers had a chance to get their hands on one. Increasingly desirable in the States, the SUV and crossover segment has been garnering more attention from automakers including Nissan.

According to The Truth About Cars, the Qashqai will not be replacing an existing model. Instead it will be slotted under the Rogue and compete against the likes of the Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3, and Chevrolet Trax, Ford EcoSport and Toyota C-HR.

Already produced in the U.K. for the Europe market, it’s only a matter of transporting the Qashqai overseas to America. Assuming that the Qashqai sells just as well in the States as it does elsewhere, Nissan may need to figures out production logistics to meet the increase in demand.

It’s not known what powertrains the Qashqai will be offered with, but it is sold in gasoline and diesel four-cylinder configurations overseas. Perhaps the U.S. model will get a 2.0-liter inline-four paired with a continuously variable transmission.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:47 PM

The Toyota C-HR will be quite the competition for it in a sense, but then again, The Qashqai is a lot more mature as the C-HR looks to be geared towards the younger generation with it's eccentric styling. That goes with the EcoSport as well as that is blatantly marketed towards the millennial generation as stated by Ford.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 03:07 PM

You have a point with that and what gives the QQ and advantage is its been out for a very long time, it has a track record and has proven itself around the world. Toyota is working with a new recipe and although they had the Rav4 for a while, fact is the CH-R is still new. Should be an interesting showdown.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 AM

Nissan missed out on a lot of sales by waiting so long to bring it to the U.S. market. The SUV and crossover segment has been booming and other manufacturers have already jumped on the band wagon. I think some countries have a 1.6 turbo option that's good for 161-hp and 177-lb ft of torque. Can't recall where, but that's certainly a good option.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:12 PM

That is a really darn good option and would fair very well even in NA. Does anyone have any information of what happened at the debut in Detroit for NAIAS though ?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:25 PM

All I've read is that the Rogue Sport (US Qashqai) will be there by Spring. I don't think there's anything about it being at the Detroit auto show. From my searches, I came up with nothing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Well... Apparently there were a lot of show thieves in there like the LS500 and the Stinger GT that pretty much stole the spotlight from everyone lol.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:36 PM

Heard more about the Stinger than anything really. But going back to the Rogue Sport, I'm questioning why it's being called something different in US opposed to the name in Canada (Qashqai) ? I thought typically North America in the whole shares the same names and it changes when you out to different markets and regions ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page