What did you consider before buying the Rogue Sport? - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What did you consider before buying the Rogue Sport?

So am just curious out there, what all did you consider before buying the Rogue Sport?

My wife had a list of cars that included things like the Hyundai Kona, Nissan Kicks, Ford EcoSport, Chevy Trax, pretty much most subcompact SUV's and also things like the Chevy Cruze and Honda Fit. We went out for her to test drive some of the cars and the Rogue Sport was the 3rd car she drove that day, after she got done with the test drive, she came over to where I was standing (I don't go on test drives with her, don't want to influence her opinion on her car with my thoughts) and she told me "I want this car", she had driven both the Kona and the Kicks that same day and she just fell in love with the Sport, a few days later we completed the purchase.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Quite honestly it was completely on the spur of the moment. I went to VW dealer for service on my Golf, had time to kill so went to the Nissan dealer to check out a "dealer come-on" special on a new Rogue Sport. I did not even realize there was a different Rogue. As soon as the salesperson drove up in the car I was blown away. GREAT looking SUV! Took a test drive and was very impressed. Great seats and very comfortable ride. Immediately liked the car. Wife was off that day so I took the car home for her to drive and see. Told her this was her chance to buy at a VERY good price and 3% 5yr. financing. She loved the car. Bought it later that day. Never looked at anything else. (Her last car I bought for her w/o her seeing it while she and kids were in Europe. A car she drove for 13 yrs and which we still own.)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 07:47 PM

Chevy TRAX. Got a deal on the 2019 Sport S I'm driving now. Much more car for a small increase in initial price.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schweigert View Post
Chevy TRAX. Got a deal on the 2019 Sport S I'm driving now. Much more car for a small increase in initial price.
The Trax was on my wife's list of cars to check out, but after she drove the Rogue Sport (her third test drive of the day) her mind was made up. We rented a Rogue Sport for a couple of days so she could get a "long term test drive" and after the 2 days, she asked me, when can we get mine, so her mind was made up and she never even made it to the Chevy dealer.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page