service at dealer wasn't all done - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

service at dealer wasn't all done

Hi all!

I took my car to the dealership 2-3 weekends ago for the 15000 service, they supposedly rotated the tires, however, it dawned on me today that this may have not been performed. Before the service my tires were psi was not even in all tires, the rear ones were noticeable lower according to the dashboard and as it has been colder I have been paying extra attention. So if the tires had been rotated it would have meant the psi for the rear tires be the front tires now and vice-versa? but this is not the case, the rear ones are still lower (which also mean they didn't check that either/did not pump where was needed)

any thoughts on this? could be that a sensor wasn't reset it?

thanks!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:31 PM

I'm not sure of the accuracy of the Nissan sensor. I've always relied on my round tire pressure gauge. It sounds like there should be lower pressure in the fronts (if the dealer rotated) and I would think the Nissan sensor should detect such a difference. It sounds like the tires weren't rotated. (Check the tires rubber, the fronts wear more than the rears in my experience.) May I ask what was done on the 15K service?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I'm not sure of the accuracy of the Nissan sensor. I've always relied on my round tire pressure gauge. It sounds like there should be lower pressure in the fronts (if the dealer rotated) and I would think the Nissan sensor should detect such a difference. It sounds like the tires weren't rotated. (Check the tires rubber, the fronts wear more than the rears in my experience.) May I ask what was done on the 15K service?
They changed oil and the normal stuff plus they changed the in-cabin filter per the schedule recommendation. Yes, you are correct about the lower pressure should be on fronts. I am not sure if they were supposed to reset the sensor and maybe the did not, but I am unsure if that would cause the readings to be inaccurate. One thing I am trying to remember is if the rim that is a bit scratched was in the front before I took the car in since it is still there. That would prove they did not rotate, but I can't recall.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: called the dealership and took the car back, they said the technician assessed it was not necessary to perform the rotation. Its beyond me why would they charge and not tell me this was not done. Needless to say, I won't be going back there.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 02:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemx View Post
UPDATE: called the dealership and took the car back, they said the technician assessed it was not necessary to perform the rotation. Its beyond me why would they charge and not tell me this was not done. Needless to say, I won't be going back there.
Completely understandable, absolutely unsatisfactory if they charged you for a service and then did not do it. Hopefully you have another Nissan dealer not to far away to try next time.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 04:30 AM

I had similar experience with my wife's Qashqai. We took car in for oil change and specifically asked to change air filter which was absolutely filthy. They claimed they checked air filter and it was not time to change. I could tell by my finger prints on the dusty cover that they did not even bother to check the air filter. Meanwhile they talked my wife into a complete brake fluid change and tire rotation at 14k km, totally unnecessary and raised doubts in my mind whether work was actually done. Complained and got free air filter and next 2 oil changes for free as compensation for unnecessary work. We lost a lot of confidence with our dealer.

2018 Qashai S AWD 2.0L Canada