High Beam Assist - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
High Beam Assist

My wife was driving home and was on a dark road with no other cars and no street lights, so pretty much she was the only source of light. She had her high beams on in auto mode and they kept shutting off every once in a while as if they were detecting light from something, but there was nothing else out there. I will be scheduling an appointment at the dealer to have it checked out (though they probably won't find anything) but was wondering if anyone else had this issue or anything similar?

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Disregard, ended up not being an issue. Read in the owners manual that in inclement weather, it was raining a little, but not a lot, that it could cause the lights to go to low beam. So it was just a matter of having not read that part of the owners manual.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:24 AM

I hope you can manually turn on/off the high beams. (And leave the "auto" mode off.) I'll tell you, some of these bright white headlights on some cars and especially trucks are becoming very annoying and IMO should NOT have been allowed. No consideration of the oncoming driver. Glad things got figured out....
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, you can do it manually as well, that is the mode my wife is using it in now as she told me that when she was driving with it in auto mode that the headlights actually shut off on her once on a dark road, that isn't good. So for the time being she is using manual mode, and I will be taking it in to get the auto system looked at as well as the camera recall done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page