Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

Nissan Qashqai Popular In Southern Britain

7K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Aries 
#1 ·

The Ford Fiesta and Nissan Qashqai are Britain's favorite cars with the Qashqai more popular in the southern half of the nation. This was provided by Carwow, a car buying website, and the data from their car configurator was used to see which model was more commonly searched in the shown areas.

Quite interesting to see the Qashqai as the most popular model in the city it's produced in but not surprising.

Now if only they had an international map to see where else the Qashqai is popular.

See less See more
#18 ·
Well, firstly, we know that people buy tons of pickup trucks in North America and that isn't the case in the UK. Second, you can look at the segment that the Qashqai would be competing in in North America and its hard to believe that the Qashqai will overtake the models that currently are at the top of the sales chart.

I do not think that the Qashqai is going to be selling 10s of thousands of vehicles with the competition that exists and it being a newcomer.

I'd say it's an informed opinion.

You're a bit feisty, aren't you?

#19 ·
you're also a bit uninformed.

The pickup truck Qashqai ramble has next to NO bearing... See people who buy pickup trucks don't cross shop them with CUV's... but sometimes they do cross shop them for their wives.

See it's not a zero sum game. Hoseholds have multiple cars for multiple reasons...

But lets get to the uninformed part.

The Qashqai does not compete with the CR-V, Nissan has bigger SUV's for that. It competes with the Juke and the HR-V and the TRAX and the CR-V. Nissans aim is the Honda.

See the chart you used also lists a certain Nissan Rogue, in third place, short 5,000 units from the undisputed segment champ... Which should have been the clue that you were wrong.

Double, your chart proves that Nissan can and will build vehicles that appeal to American tastes, the Rogue or X-Trail globally is a extremely popular and successful model...

I'd say it's not an informed opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.