Nissan Sports Rogue - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Nissan Sports Rogue

I was in the market for a new car after a wreck, and just by luck had had it, the offending insurance co. gave me a 2018 Sports Rogue. I loved everything about the car, it drove like no other, it was like a new toy. We were almost ready to put a downpayment at a local dealership, until one day when I washed it. The car had only 22,000 mi, and yet the paint was peeling. No dent, no ding, just pure paint peeling.
After doing some research on this model, I found out not only does it have recalls on it, but Nissan's reaction is to simply ignore them.
But honestly, had I not found that out, I'd buy one in a minute. Those cars handle better than most others and are good on gas.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:57 AM

Sad to hear you didn't buy the car just cause you had a bad car before it.

It is true that the paint on these cars are not the best, but it wasn't that good either on my Altima. I lease my car and I have insurance for that type of thing. So I am not too worried about it. But yes, the paint is not that great.

I love the car though.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:02 PM

I guess this is why they tried to get me to buy the paint protection plan when I just bought my 2019 Rogue Sport a couple weeks ago, but I declined. I keep it in the garage and will be conscious of washing it, including the under carriage to help it from corroding too fast. I do love the car and how it drives and handles so far, obviously I think it's worth buying imo. I plan to keep it long term since I made a commitment to it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page