Beeping noises - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Beeping noises

Ok, I have to admit, I've been a bit lazy to look through the owners manual or even Google this but......What are these **** beeping noises I keep hearing in my car? They tend to happen when I'm on the freeway or going around 60 mph. There's also a second different sounding beep that I hear sometimes as well. I don't think it's my SunPass (auto toll payment device) and I don't think its my Satellite Radio.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Osmar12;13047]Ok, I have to admit, I've been a bit lazy to look through the owners manual or even Google this but......What are these **** beeping noises I keep hearing in my car? They tend to happen when I'm on the freeway or going around 60 mph. There's also a second different sounding beep that I hear sometimes as well. I don't think it's my SunPass (auto toll payment device) and I don't think its my Satellite Radio.

Can anyone shed some light on this?[/QUOTE

Does the rogue have the speed reminder? Set for certain speeds so that if you get to or above it lets you know or maybe a lane departure warning if too close to the lines...? maybe..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 01:33 PM

Speed Alert [*]

Keep tabs on your Nissan, even when you’re not in it. Set a speed threshold on the NissanConnect® Services app or Owners Portal and you'll receive an alert if your vehicle exceeds it. [*]

Notification Preferences
On the NissanConnect® Services App or Web Portal, select whether you want to be notified by email, text, push notification or in-vehicle message when the speed parameters you’ve set are exceeded. [*]

In Vehicle Reminder
You can also set your preferences to display a speed alert in the vehicle itself, to remind your secondary driver to slow down. [*]
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:22 PM

I let my Aunt borrow my car last week and she called me to ask me why the car is always beeping at her. I just told her it was the lane departure warning and to stay between the lines, also to use changing lanes . I'm sure yours is something different as you by now know the lane departure is beeping at everything, even when you cross cracks in the road.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Interesting....I don't recall ever setting up a Speed Threshold on the Nissan app. Gonna have to check that out.
I did think that maybe it's was a speed warning; it's a bit annoying and I may have to disable it. It's defenitley not a lane-departure warning.
Thanks guys!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 02:46 PM

The Sport really strikes me as a nag. It beeps about all kinds of stuff. I've managed to turn most of them off, but it really gets annoying after awhile. I'm still trying to figure out what some of them are.

Jim K
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok so....how does one go about accessing this feature in the actual vehicle?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 03:11 AM
Dmg

I have the same beeping sounds that drive me crazy. It’s not speed, not lane change, not going over the lines. I bought my car used and the previous owner must have set up notifications. How do I turn off notifications? The manual is very confusing.😔
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimofoz View Post
The Sport really strikes me as a nag. It beeps about all kinds of stuff. I've managed to turn most of them off, but it really gets annoying after awhile. I'm still trying to figure out what some of them are.

Jim K
Very much agree. Have owned ours for a few months now and I could do without all the beeps. That being said the seats are perfect(big reason why we bought it)and the ride is very nice. Nissan did a good job with the Sport.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmg View Post
I have the same beeping sounds that drive me crazy. It’s not speed, not lane change, not going over the lines. I bought my car used and the previous owner must have set up notifications. How do I turn off notifications? The manual is very confusing.��
I had the same problem when I purchased my used rogue sport. Its a speed limit notifier, probably set up by a parent. If I remember correctly, there is a selection in your radio setup to reset all Nissan Connect settings. I initally downloaded the Nissan Connect app but the app was useless. It was hidden somewhere, forgot.. nav settings? maybe or just regular settings.. Ill check later tonight if you cant find it.