2017 Cabin Air filter location? - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

2017 Cabin Air filter location?

Howdy. Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is located in this car and how difficult is it to exchange? I know it's relatively too soon to exchange for most owners but I'm planning on doing this when the car is about 2 yr. young. Thanks! Bill
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:39 PM

I would imagine that its the same as many of Nissans vehicles, being located under the glove box on the passenger side floor. Just look for some plastic trim clips that can be removed to pop off a cover.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

That would be great if it's under/or behind the glove box. It may also be somewhere on the lower portion of the center console. (Last time I was in the dealer's parts dept., they did not know...) Soon I'm bringing in the car for it's yearly state inspection and I'll ask the service writer. If I find out, I'll post. Thanks, Bill.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Did anyone ever find the location of the cabin air filter? I can't seem to locate it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

I replaced this filter along w/the air filter @ the same time. It's located on the lower portion of the center console (passenger side) towards the front of the car. It was a little tricky as a portion of the console had to be removed. You will notice a difference for the better w/the new filter.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I replaced this filter along w/the air filter @ the same time. It's located on the lower portion of the center console (passenger side) towards the front of the car. It was a little tricky as a portion of the console had to be removed. You will notice a difference for the better w/the new filter.
If possible, could you post photos of the location. Obviously not asking you to take the console apart again, but just want to have an idea of where it is for when I have to replace my wife's filter.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Here's a couple of pictures of the panel that needs to be removed in order to get to the cabin air filter. Hope this helps....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camera pictures 062.jpg (431.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg camera pictures 063.jpg (216.8 KB, 9 views)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 AM

Garage
Thanks for the pictures Sparky, will help when I finally have to change the cabin filter in my wifes car.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 02:04 PM

You dont have to remove any panels to get to the in cabin air filter. Just lay back and look up, you will see a tab you can push together and pull the plastic holder towards the pass side. Easily slides out bottom first. Squeeze or yank the filter out. Squeeze the new filter together then slide in, adjusting as you go. Then put the plastic holder back in top first, clicking on the bottom. Took about 3 min to change it out.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

I will take a look at that and report back.