Winter Tires - Page 3 - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 03:01 PM

Thumbs up Falken WildPeak A/T Tire Purchase

OK, I had four of these - Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires installed on Friday, in the middle of a snowstorm. I went the 4 miles to the tire dealer on the Yokohama Geolander G055s, my heart in my throat the entire way, slipping and sliding over icy roads, fishtailing over every lump between tire tracks. An hour and a half later, the tires were installed and I drove home over the same roads, which had gotten worse while I was at the dealer. No slip, no slide. I turned into my development which had yet to have the roads cleared, although they had been plowed but only on Thursday evening, so there was at least a few inches of new snow over packed and icy surfaces. No one in front of me, no one behind me and was doing about 30 up a long straight street. I nailed the brakes. The vehicle stopped in a straight line, the anti-lock chattered for a few seconds and I came to a complete stop without a skid or slide of any kind. Here's a picture of the tires. These are 3mountain peak/snowflake rated, same as just about every true snow tire out there - but they are off road/on road tires with a 50,000 mile warranty. Since Friday, I have had them in icy parking lots, dry roads, wet roads. They run great, stop fine and I even pushed them to 75 on a twisty road which was wet in spots, dry in others and had a few slushy/icy spots here and there, just to see if they would under/over steer. They track like they were on rails. My Rogue Sport is AWD and that never kicked in. Take a look. I'm impressed and thr price is reasonable.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Falken_Wildpeak_AT_Trail_Side.jpg (191.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg falken-wildpeak-a-t-close-up-3.jpg (178.4 KB, 0 views)

Drive For The Fun!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 07:27 AM

Just looked at these tires @ Tirerack. Very Impressive tires! If we lived in your driving/weather conditions I'd most certainly would consider those tires. Let us know your thoughts on the tires when you accumulate more miles, please. Thanks. P.S. Im really looking forward to the day when I change the OEM tires (Falken Sincera SN's) to something better.
Joe Schweigert likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 02-10-2020 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Sp
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 08:10 AM

Follow-up on THe Falken WildPeaks

Since my other car (a Chevy Trailblazer) is laid up with a short draining the battery and is sitting at the local Chevy dealer waiting on them to get to it, I'm down to just the Rogue Sport which is getting plenty of use. The new tires went on last Friday and I now have about 175 miles on them. Weather conditions are snow, ice, some rain, back to snow and some freezing. These tires take it all in stride.

8 inches of new snow - no issues.

Packed snow and ice - no issues.

Slush - no issues.

Wet roads - no issues - even deeper puddles - no issues.

Dry roads - a bit of noise at 75 MPH, but no real issues.

They ride nice and soft - and I was expecting a bit of a stiff ride - but still give you excellent feel of the road. They soak up minor bumps and holes and don't translate the shock into your wheel. I'm keeping them at 33 PSI, which is tough to do here as the temps are up and down and tire pressure is always a few pounds off the colder it gets.

I'll try to check back in when we hit 500 miles on them, but so far, so good!

Drive For The Fun!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 02:38 AM

Garage
We don't get a lot of snow where I live, we do get some once in a while, but it tends not to last. My wifes car came with Falken Sincera SN250A A/S. So far they have been good in the rain we have gotten. I hope they will be good enough in the snow if we get any this year. Got about 12000 on them so far.

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page