ECO Button - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

ECO Button

Peeps,
Is this no more than giving a nice display telling me how gentle I'm driving? Reason I ask is I'm renting one at the moment, ran ECO mode for best part of a week and got 27 mpg. Started running no ECO mode and so far.....27 mpg. If it all it does is show me a 'green' display bar, I can figure out for myself how to drive economically. I'm expecting transmission shift points to change in ECO mode and overall gas mileage to be up when compared to standard mode.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM

I've had mine a little over a year now and I can't tell any difference. The only thing I do know is if I am traveling and there are a lot of hills/mountains, don't use eco.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 01:25 PM

Unfortunately the ECO mode in this vehicle is more or less a marketing gimmick. While I'm sure it results in earlier shifts, there has been little to no improvement with fuel economy.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 02:06 PM

We have only owned our 2018 Qashqai S AWD (Canada) for a week but i like the ECO. I don't know the actual technical effect on the vehicle other than the claims in the owners manual, but I like the behaviour modification and negative feed back to encourage fuel savings. I have an overhead info center on my old Jeep and i was already in habit of checking the instantaneous gas mileage to try and save gas. The ECO on the QQ helps. The green graphic on the QQ is helpful

Also note that you can toggle up or down between ECO 1 and ECO 2. ECO 1 is a running average of your gass mileage so it will take a long time of sustained conservative driving to notice any change in the average gas mileage in ECO 1. ECO 2 is the average for your particular trip. ECO 2 resets every time you restart the car. In the history you can check the gas mileage for your last 5 trips. Most of your gas savings will come from the way that you drive as opposed to some magical blackbox.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:59 PM

I hate it... I hate the fact it does nothing in my case and just makes me press gas pedal harder and waste more gas.... drove to LA from SF (you know, I5 which is 4 hours of straight boring road) with eco on and cruise control... zero difference...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:13 PM

What was your average mph and average mpg for your trip?

After about 10 days and 800km, we are averaging 24.7 mpg with 50/50 city hwy.

Last edited by funpig; 10-22-2018 at 06:15 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:19 AM

I tried the ECO button at the beginning but quickly found out it was not for me. So I never use it. I found myself pressing the pedal harder to make it go.

I do most city home/work, or home/market driving and my average is 23.4 mpg. Usually on the highway or long country roads when I go visit my parents the average is about 30 to 32 mpg. I'm happy with it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjorge67 View Post
I tried the ECO button at the beginning but quickly found out it was not for me. So I never use it. I found myself pressing the pedal harder to make it go.

I do most city home/work, or home/market driving and my average is 23.4 mpg. Usually on the highway or long country roads when I go visit my parents the average is about 30 to 32 mpg. I'm happy with it.
same here, eco does nothing in my case too, I drive home/work and average is about 22-24mpg and on the highway is about 28-32 (maxed at 39)... I wonder how subaru guys with full time AWD get over 40mpg....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:24 PM

My mpg is usually at 23 locally. And for the Highway its maxed at 30 mpg. But when I drive Highway its from DC to Kansas city so the beginning of the trip has a lot of hills.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:16 PM

KRYGZ, which Subaru suv is getting average 40mpg?

The engine tech of the Qashqai certainly does not seem to be as cutting edge as HRV, CX3 or Crosstrek. Plus our QQ weighs about 200-300 pounds more than its competitors. The better mileage and tech of the others caused me to hesitate with QQ, but we liked the price, space, comfort and drive, so we bought anyways. Plus we live about 15 minutes from the US border so we can get cheaper gas anyways compared to most who live in Canada.

2018 Qashai S AWD 2.0L Canada