Filter questions - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Filter questions

Folks,
I have two questions:
Is this the correct p/n for the 2018 Rogue Sport Air Filter - Nissan (16546-4BC2A)? What I was given by my local Nissan dealer was a Value Advantage part. It fits and is physically the correct looking piece but I now find that Value Advantage is the Nissan budget line. P/N of this one is AF54M-4BA1J-NW. I'll run with it but will get the actual factory replacement before 12 months is up.

My other question.....do these vehicles have a cabin air filter? I can't see any ref to this item in the owners manual.

Thanks!
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 06:51 PM

I posted this question and it's on the forum. There is and it's really easy to change out if you know what to look for. It's just in front of the panel that I INCORRECTLY stated needs to be removed. (That's the way I did it the first time because I didn't know where the cabin air filter housing was.) AGAIN, the panel doesn't need to be removed. New cabin air filter went in @ 8K and it was dirty, though no where as dirty as the air filter.)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I posted this question and it's on the forum. There is and it's really easy to change out if you know what to look for. It's just in front of the panel that I INCORRECTLY stated needs to be removed. (That's the way I did it the first time because I didn't know where the cabin air filter housing was.) AGAIN, the panel doesn't need to be removed. New cabin air filter went in @ 8K and it was dirty, though no where as dirty as the air filter.)
Thanks Sparky, let me take a look on our 2018. It's very odd that there is no ref to this that I can see in the owners manual, but I do see cabin air filters listed for the 2018 on various sites. I'll follow up and see what is going on.

Thanks!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Yep, sure enough there is a cabin air filter. Absolutely no mention of it in the owners manual that I can see. I have one on order via Amazon...I think it is 28USD incl. tax, shipping is free.

That is bad that a service part is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Thanks!