New Nissan Qashqai Competition, Renault Kadjar? - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

New Nissan Qashqai Competition, Renault Kadjar?

Express.co.uk thinks the Renault Kadjar will be the new Nissan Qashqai, a better one. Thanks to ties between Renault and Nissan, the Kadjar will share the same power train. According to Express; the Kadjar is, "beneath the skin, effectively a Qashqai."

Under the hood is a 1.6-litre turbo-diesel boasting 130bhp with an average fuel economy of 62.8mpg. While not the most exciting to drive the interior is where it excels.
Quote:
It is very well made with plenty of smart, soft-touch, materials and spacious front and rear with a decent 472 litre boot (up to 1,478 litres with the rear seats down).
Do you think the Kadjar can stand up to the Qashqai?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 06:22 PM

Qashqai does really well in Europe so I don't think it will be overtaken by any means. What are with these names?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 01:56 PM

Diesel would be great to have but chances are we'll instead get a fuel efficient petrol, some may say no diesel is a downside.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 02:17 PM

From what I have read recently, I think Nissan would like to move towards EVs instead of continuing diesel development. That is especially true because of the intensified regulations that will come into effect in 2020.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

A lot of auto manufacturers are moving towards electric or at least hybrid in the future and Nissan will most likely go the same route too. As for the naming scheme, no idea where they come up with these. Maybe Nissan is trying to move away fro the other companies who names their cars with letters and numbers i.e. BMW X3, Scion iA, etc.
Still, odd choice with Kadjar.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:29 PM

Too bad Nissan has been slow and steady sticking with the leaf for as long as they have so far with no news in sight about sedans and SUV's meanwhile other companies are well on their way with those.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 02:40 PM

But I have confidence that Nissan will get to it soon. I think its probably cost that is the issue. They need to figure out how to produce the vehicles for less so that they can keep the price down.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 04:45 PM

Don't think it's a price problem. Nissan needs to do a bit more R&D before they can come out with a better electric vehicle. There was a class action lawsuit against their Leaf because of the reduced capacity of their batteries in the heat.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM

Hmm... I wonder what if any company Nissan is working with for battery development.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
Hmm... I wonder what if any company Nissan is working with for battery development.
LG is a big one or will be eventually. Not sure of any others.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page