Nissan Kicks - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Nissan Kicks

So now that the Juke has been officially replaced by the upcoming Nissan Kicks, I just wanted to ask what you guys thought of Nissans newest CUV. Although it doesn't look like this new model will be getting any of the performance options that were provided on the Juke, its starting MSRP of $17,990 is certainly going to be of interest for those in the market for a new vehicle. I do think they'll have to add an AWD variant to it down the line, as that's becoming pretty standard across the segment.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 12:51 PM

even if it gets AWD, my biggest concern will be whether its too FWD-biased or not..
I have a hard time believing Nissan will include anything beyond what's enough to make it functional
All we have to do is look at the FWD-biased Rouge...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

AWD just brings up the starting price, and that's a key factor for anyone who is looking at the Kicks. You have to admit that its pretty impressive what they have been able to package together in this model at under $20k. Its also incredibly customizable, which should appeal to the younger generation that its geared towards.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 02:23 PM

It makes me wonder what sales margins are because not always are car maker making money with every product or breaking even but taking a hit for brand image. Down the road it pays off as segments like this grow in buyer momentum.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

I cant foresee the profit margins being very high on the Kicks, as there aren't many automakers offering brands new cars at this price, without them being barebones. As its meant to be a replacement for the Juke however, I would like to see some performance oriented trims for it down the line. The Nismo Juke was a pretty sweet little vehicle imo.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:22 AM

Oddly enough I just saw some news about a second generation Juke launching next year. I thought that the Kicks was meant to replace it? I guess Nissan isn't concerned about them competing with each other, as they might set them in different pricing brackets?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Nissan never officially confirmed that the Juke was being discontinued, most people just saw the Kicks as its successor. I'm glad to hear that it will be getting a second generation, because its a great little CUV. It could be argued that the Rogue Sport is a more worthy replacement.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:10 PM

Garage
Only women buy the Juke and the Kicks.
Please don't waste your time on those vehicles....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:05 AM

Rear Drum Brakes? I hope they haven't skimped on component reliability to get to a price point? I'm not saying that the drum brake option will be unreliable just because they are drums, but I hope they resisted any price pressure to farm out the key components to 'Joe Blow inc' as they were the cheapest supplier of eg: Engine Control Modules lets say. It's certainly a keenly priced vehicle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page