The Rogue Dogue - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

The Rogue Dogue

Nissan came out with a special Rouge model called the Rogue Dogue!
It was actually created for the New York Auto Show earlier this year to showcase how their vehicle can be dog friendly and they've lent it to business insider for a test run.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:35 AM

Not sure if this cover material is good for animal's claws

I like this idea of a pet-friendly car. I've heard a lot of complaints from my friends (pet-owners) who don't know how to transport their pet without special pet cage. But I think this seat-cover should be enough for them
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH View Post
Not sure if this cover material is good for animal's claws

I like this idea of a pet-friendly car. I've heard a lot of complaints from my friends (pet-owners) who don't know how to transport their pet without special pet cage. But I think this seat-cover should be enough for them
problem with that is dog hair gets into just about any space air can, hence why people keep their dogs in a cage till they get to their destination or just put up with all the dog hair that comes as a result. A dedicated space is the way to go like what this thread is based around.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Not just the hair, there's plenty of slobber and their noses alone are wet enough to coast everything in a sheen of moisture. Man's best friends aren't the cleanest buddies around and a dedicated space could keep the carnage to a minimum. It's also safer for everyone is they're relegated to a certain part of a car. In case of an accident, dogs that aren't properly strapped down can turn into giant fuzzy bullets in the car.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualis View Post
Not just the hair, there's plenty of slobber and their noses alone are wet enough to coast everything in a sheen of moisture. Man's best friends aren't the cleanest buddies around and a dedicated space could keep the carnage to a minimum. It's also safer for everyone is they're relegated to a certain part of a car. In case of an accident, dogs that aren't properly strapped down can turn into giant fuzzy bullets in the car.
Good point. When I used to be a detailer I remember coming across cars that not only had dog hair but smelled like bad dog breath, probably from the dried slobber. Not all dogs are like that however, some breeds are easier to take care of, closer to what you'd get with a cat. Even just from a resale perspective of protecting my cars value i'd get a dedicated area to keep the dog. Even a non-dog owner buying that should be okay.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

There's also the increase in safety when they're gated in the back. some dogs likes poking their heads to the front or give you love while you're driving. Maybe Nissan will sell certain pieces by themselves because I can see pet owners getting the fitted gate alone for their Rouge Sport.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 01:46 PM

It doesn't make sense financially for Nissan to do it unless they partner up with some aftermarket brand to make it available but aside from that, you eyes should be set on what aftermarket brands have to offer. I bet you can find a lot of universal systems for cheap compared to direct fit.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page