Brake Light Housing Removal - Nissan Rogue Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Brake Light Housing Removal

Guys, if this is the wrong spot to post this, please excuse me. I don't see a way to search this forum for the info I'm looking for. Please don't tell me I'm the only Rogue Sport owner who has an issue with getting the outer housing off to change the halogen brake lights for LEDs? I've tried everything I can think of, watched endless videos of people who got theirs off (one even broke his!) and I've pushed, pulled, shaken and the **** things just won't slide back and out! Does anyone have a special way to get these off the **** car? It seems they used a whole lot of hardware just to hold these on and some of it is (at least to me) is really unnecessary.

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 02:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schweigert View Post
Guys, if this is the wrong spot to post this, please excuse me. I don't see a way to search this forum for the info I'm looking for. Please don't tell me I'm the only Rogue Sport owner who has an issue with getting the outer housing off to change the halogen brake lights for LEDs? I've tried everything I can think of, watched endless videos of people who got theirs off (one even broke his!) and I've pushed, pulled, shaken and the **** things just won't slide back and out! Does anyone have a special way to get these off the **** car? It seems they used a whole lot of hardware just to hold these on and some of it is (at least to me) is really unnecessary.

The only lights I did on my wifes were the reverse lights. So this is definitely something I am curious on as well. Will have to take a look at it one of these days. What bulbs did you get to put in?

I bought a car, and it turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?