Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is located in this car and how difficult is it to exchange? I know it's relatively too soon to exchange for most owners but I'm planning on doing this when the car is about 2 yr. young. Thanks! Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would imagine that its the same as many of Nissans vehicles, being located under the glove box on the passenger side floor. Just look for some plastic trim clips that can be removed to pop off a cover.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great if it's under/or behind the glove box. It may also be somewhere on the lower portion of the center console. (Last time I was in the dealer's parts dept., they did not know...) Soon I'm bringing in the car for it's yearly state inspection and I'll ask the service writer. If I find out, I'll post. Thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced this filter along w/the air filter @ the same time. It's located on the lower portion of the center console (passenger side) towards the front of the car. It was a little tricky as a portion of the console had to be removed. You will notice a difference for the better w/the new filter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I replaced this filter along w/the air filter @ the same time. It's located on the lower portion of the center console (passenger side) towards the front of the car. It was a little tricky as a portion of the console had to be removed. You will notice a difference for the better w/the new filter.
If possible, could you post photos of the location. Obviously not asking you to take the console apart again, but just want to have an idea of where it is for when I have to replace my wife's filter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Sparky, will help when I finally have to change the cabin filter in my wifes car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You dont have to remove any panels to get to the in cabin air filter. Just lay back and look up, you will see a tab you can push together and pull the plastic holder towards the pass side. Easily slides out bottom first. Squeeze or yank the filter out. Squeeze the new filter together then slide in, adjusting as you go. Then put the plastic holder back in top first, clicking on the bottom. Took about 3 min to change it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG....you are absolutely correct! Super easy and do not need to remove cover. PLEASE disregard my previous post. The latch to remove cabin air filter is just in front of the cover. Thank-you so much for correcting this Neil. Welcome as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts