Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sometimes automakers increase pricing across the board for some models when a new model year approaches. For Nissan, that car is the Rogue Hybrid and it’s getting a price bump for 2018.

Those who opt for the entry-level SV trim will see a small increase of $815, bringing the starting MSRP to $27,995 for a front-drive variant. Keeping track of prices, AutoBlog found the higher-level SL trim to cost $1,255 over the previous model year. That’ll bring the price of a FWD SL up to $33,355 and an all-wheel drive version of either trims will set you back another $1,350.

On the bright side, those price bumps are justified with a number of upgrades including the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard features, an extra USB port inside the center console box, and a motion-sensing back hatch. The SL trim now comes with even more safety and convenience equipment like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, and lane-departure warning. Not to be left out, SV customers who wants adaptive cruise control can opt for the SV Premium Package.

Everything else remains unchanged, the same 2.0-liter gas engine and 30-kilowatt electric motor delivering 176 hp and the same continuously variable transmission.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can't wait for them to start offering a hybrid powertrain in the Sport model with all increase amount of higher end hybrid SUV's showing up. Already brands like Porsche and even GM have gotten into that space. Hopefully here its not a matter of us having to wait for a next generation model.

·
Registered
225 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, a $815 increase isn't all that much and you can probably negotiate the final out the door price anyways. Even less noticeable in your monthly payments if you lease or finance.
As a big seller for Nissan, I think it's just a matter of time until we see an electric or hybrid Rouge Sport.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They really should have come up with some different names for the trims. Its going to quickly get confusing whether or not articles are talking about a Hybrid Rogue Sport, or a Rogue "Sport Hybrid". I just finished reading an article that made it seem like the hybrid variant was already on sale in various regions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Should just shorten it to the Hybrid S and to reduce confusion. I'm just not sure if addition of a motion-sensing back hatch and both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard features are enough to justify such a large price hike. That USB port is negligible.

·
Registered
363 Posts
They really should have come up with some different names for the trims. Its going to quickly get confusing whether or not articles are talking about a Hybrid Rogue Sport, or a Rogue "Sport Hybrid". I just finished reading an article that made it seem like the hybrid variant was already on sale in various regions.
They made it even more confusing in Canada with the Qashqai name. Its weird to me because I know a lot of Canadians that see U.S. specific ads and information which alone helps with marketing power for the Rogue name. Both countries are similar in many ways, never understood the different naming between them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts