Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've always had good audio systems in my cars and was thinking of adding a subwoofer to my new 2017 Rogue Sport SL. I like to listen to music loud and feel the bass.
The stock system sounds a little "bassy" but I want more. I currently own two 12' inch speakers in a box along with a 1,500 watt Fosgate amplifier. I don't want to replace the radio or the speakers that the vehicle came with, just add a subwoofer.

A friend of mine (former Maxima owner) informed me that by adding a subwoofer, I would be voiding the waurantee or something. Does anyone know about this?:surprise:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Best to consult your warranty booklet about this or ask your dealership. From my understanding, the warranty usually isn't voided unless the dealer can prove that an aftermarket part caused the need for repairs. So if you wired something wrong and shorted something else in the car then that could void the warranty. If your engine failed from manufacturer defect, it has nothing to do with your sound system and should be covered. But once again, best to check your contract.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Adding a subwoofer might require splicing wires and for that reason I can see the issue but a general rule of thumb is that if you can easily undo the changes you made, you're in the clear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You wont be voiding anything simply by installing an amplifier and subwoofer. So long as its being professionally installed, you shouldn’t have to worry about any electrical issues. As mentioned above, a dealer will have to prove that this install resulted in a given issue, in order to deny you warranty work. Not gunna have a lot of trunk space after those 12’s go in however.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I most def will have it professionally installed.
Yea, I know....The box that have has two 12' Punch speakers that sound amazing but the size of box will leave me little-to-no room of trunk space. A buddy of mine wants to sell me the 10' Pioneer speaker, which is the perfect box size but I don't know if it will be enough for what I want to have :-(
Was thinking of maybe buying an additional one

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
You could always look into having a custom box made, that either sits flush against the back seats, or lays down in the floor of the trunk. If you've already got two 12's, I wouldn't bother buying something else just to try and save on space.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Axel, as you can see in my picture, the box that I currently own with the two 12' speakers is a bit too big for the Rogue trunk. I'd be taking up most of the space back there, which I DO NOT want to do. The space is limited as it is. I'm thinking of taking the speakers out and getting a smaller box or a custom box. It's the only option I have for the sound I want. I would def have the box sit up against the back seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I can understand you wanting to save on truck space, and your best bet is probably something that sits into the floor. If you get something on the back seat then you wont be able to utilize the extra storage from folding them down. You could also consider putting a sub on each side of the trunk in the indents where the wheel wells are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting....I'll take a look at the wheel-well area and see what I can do.
Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
363 Posts
With bigger SUV's and some smaller ones I have seen how owners mount in the rear hatch. Although I would only do that with a shallow mount and light weight setup. Anything more and it could be too much stress on the hinges and door.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imo that's just going to lead to a lot of vibrations in the panel and glass. You'd have to spend a lot of time properly sound proofing the hatch, and it will severely limit the kinds of subs that you could use.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Imo that's just going to lead to a lot of vibrations in the panel and glass. You'd have to spend a lot of time properly sound proofing the hatch, and it will severely limit the kinds of subs that you could use.
Its not a problem as long as the install is done right and other parts of the gate were built right. From experience I noticed that with improved build quality comes panels and parts that won't get impacted by this in the short term. So far I haven't seen complaints about Rogue Sport build quality.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The hatch offers a limited depth though, and there is a huge variance amongst the sizes of subs, based upon the kind of performance you're looking for. There are also plenty of other components already in the hatch that may limit your placing options. You have any pics of these hatch set ups?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did it my 17 Murano before trading it in for Rogue Sport.
RF mono amp, 10 inch sub, changes speakers, but kept the oem head unit, did full tint, replace many things and dealer did not say a single word about it, they actually marked it higher later and sold the car with profit . Obviously RS is a smaller car and won't fit anything large. It is either you want bass and no trunk space or less bass and more trunk space.

INSTALLING AFTERMARKET PARTS WON'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY. IT ONLY VOIDS IT WHEN NEW PART FAILS AND DAMAGES YOUR CAR AND YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP TO FIX IT.
IF DEALER SAYS IT WILL, YOU CAN ALWAYS BRING MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT https://www.autoanything.com/popups/MossWarranty.aspx TO THEIR ATTENTION AND JUST NEVER GO BACK TO THAT DEALERSHIP AGAIN.

Had to write that in caps because people always afraid to do some work on their leased.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts