Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking to add tweeters in my 2017 Rogue Sport. I only have the four speaker system. I know there is a spot up on the dash to install them. Not sure if the wires are already there from the radio or would I have to pull out the radio and install the wires. Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hard to say if the area to connect the wire will be open or if we'll have to splice but what you should do is call up your local dealer and ask their parts department if they can provide you with that information. They might even have a replacement harness of the shelf next to them!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
You'll probably have to find a copy of the service manual to see the wiring diagram, though I would assume the wires are already there. Just not plugged in to anything. This way, it's easier for Nissan to just add something if need be without changing out the wires as well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You'll probably have to find a copy of the service manual to see the wiring diagram, though I would assume the wires are already there. Just not plugged in to anything. This way, it's easier for Nissan to just add something if need be without changing out the wires as well.
Part of it as well has to do with trims and how much they sell of them and the fact car makers are always looking to cut costs. If just by not including a small feature in thousands of products can mean big savings down the road. You'd be surprised by what they don't include. Its why you see so many of these show up pre-built, they know what people will buy and supply accordingly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's input. One last thing. How does the dash piece that covers where the tweeters go come off???

·
Registered
225 Posts
There's a few videos of people prying the dash off in older models, though I'm not sure if the same method applies to the newer gen. All they used was the plastic prying tool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My advice would be NOT to install any tweeters on their dash location just under the windshield. The overall sound will be tinny and shrill above 35mph+ and especially @ highway speed. The sound is reflecting off the windshield. MUCH better location is "A" Pillar. When we bought our S model I was pleased these tweeters were not installed. Now....the radio w/the 4 speakers in their lower door location do not sound very good but my wife (Principal driver) doesn't really care. I would not find this acceptable if this was my main ride however.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"A" pillar holds the windshield in place. You want the tweeter/s located in this area or an area inside the upper corner of the door (below your outside side view mirror.) The stock location may sound OK if the car is standing still, but at speed the sound will change for the worst. A professional installer should have no problem mounting the tweeters in the right spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts