Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Please see attached pic. If you have a mind to could you take a look at where the 'snorkel' assy mates with the air cleaner housing and see if that is a flush fit on the left side when standing in front of the engine bay. I've highlighted it yellow in the pic. Golden rules were broken in that I should have looked closely at everything before starting to pull stuff apart. I do not believe it will mate any closer due to the design of the snorkel and the positioning of the retaining clips. What a PITA that was replacing the air filter. One year old and 17K on the clock, the filter was absolutely filthy....which may be a testimony to the quality of the Nissan filter? In that appears to stop a load of crap? Not sure. There are two retaining clips for the snorkel and two for the actual filter housing. The top snorkel clip was the worst and have highlighted in pink. I also put a light smear of silicone spray on the clip surfaces before reassembly in teh hope it would fit back together easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I braved the elements and went out and looked at this seem/gap on our air filter housing. (I already changed out the filter @ 8K and it was dirtier than expected.) Our gap is very tight. Yours appears to have a bigger gap. I don't think it will any effect. If you're really worried perhaps a little Gorilla duck tape. Can't comment on the quality of the Nissan air filter. (They weren't the ones I bought for replacements.) I wouldn't worry about it. Next time you do this job, the gap might be tighter. I'd worry about other things...such as engine/transmission longevity. (That is if you plan on owning till the wheels fall off!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sparky. I'll leave it be and see if I can close it tighter next go around.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just inspected my air filter today and looked at the gap on mine as well, it is also flush. When you put the "snorkel" back on, did you slide it into the groove on the filter holder as each side has a notch and it lined up just fine after I put it together.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I checked the air filter right after I picked it up from the dealer a 2019 S model with 21K on the clock - a former rental unit that saw some use. I replaced the engine air filter and had nothing but grief getting the resonator back on properly. I just couldn't get the parts that formed the front of the filter housing to fit. I took it apart twice and the second time broke the plastic clips that latch the resonator to the ait intake. These two parts are now held together with a sheet metal screw. The second attempt finally got the two parts properly mated after I noted the fact as outlined by SportsNut76 above - the groove and notch have to mate up. This whole mess was the fact that I did this job in the darkness of my garage, with a flashlight as my sole source of light, in a New England January.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts