Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Please see attached pic. If you have a mind to could you take a look at where the 'snorkel' assy mates with the air cleaner housing and see if that is a flush fit on the left side when standing in front of the engine bay. I've highlighted it yellow in the pic. Golden rules were broken in that I should have looked closely at everything before starting to pull stuff apart. I do not believe it will mate any closer due to the design of the snorkel and the positioning of the retaining clips. What a PITA that was replacing the air filter. One year old and 17K on the clock, the filter was absolutely filthy....which may be a testimony to the quality of the Nissan filter? In that appears to stop a load of crap? Not sure. There are two retaining clips for the snorkel and two for the actual filter housing. The top snorkel clip was the worst and have highlighted in pink. I also put a light smear of silicone spray on the clip surfaces before reassembly in teh hope it would fit back together easier.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts