Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do appreciate watching these things because they actually spend time with the vehicle to get to know it a little bit better. This is what Tim, a person who has "never" driven a Nissan, had to say.

“On a fast motorway run the car was very stable, and it’s not afraid of corners, even when the boot is full of books."
“The Qashqai would absolutely fit into our lives. You can get a lot of stuff in it, my dog likes it, and it doesn’t cost the earth to run.”
Full article: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/a...ai-7-day-test-–-space-reliability-and-comfort

·
Registered
363 Posts
his point about how good it is with get up in go in the city is what i wanted to hear since taking over other vehicles with ease is on top of my list, can't be driving a sluggish vehicle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really appreciate that it can take turns and it's not a sloppy top-heavy feeling kind of drive. But the over-taking thing is a big thing for me too. I like to keep "agile" and "responsibly assertive"

·
Registered
225 Posts
The qashqai handles surprisingly well for a tall crossover and that's what people want, the feeling of being well planted when taking turns and corners.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still would put some good season-dedicated tires on there for good measure. Kinda my checklist of first things to get done.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Still would put some good season-dedicated tires on there for good measure. Kinda my checklist of first things to get done.
What summer or all seasons tires would you run?

For winter I'll probably go with Ice Zero's from Pirelli. More of an entry-level winter tire but still good enough for most winters in a city environment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No all seasons for me, I just personally rather have specifics to be honest. I would run Yokohama S-Drives during the summers probably and Blizzaks for the winter. Love the Blizzaks lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Smart move, lots of examples out there of how important winter tires can be and the difference they make which can take you out of a lot of sticky situations. Lots of fender benders and rear enders in winter.

Before not having this education I never considered winter tires.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of people don't understand the importance of it and think there's not much of a difference.. There's a significant difference, clearly shown in that video above as well. Heck, If I could run studded tires in my area, I would lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Even worse are the schmucks that think AWD is king and will take them through winter hells and back. Traction is key and winter tires help even when its just cold and there's little snow on the ground since unlike all seasons it wont freeze up, instead be malleable even in extreme cold = traction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are the schmucks that get into accidents and end up hurting other people in the process. I can't even put a number on the times that I've been trotting away on the highway on a snow storm night and see these guys in their 4x4s trying to race through to get somewhere. It's ridiculous. The slightest bit of black ice somewhere along the road and you're going hurdling towards something or someone.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's not even with aggressive driving, its even just poor judgement in driving that comes with it too, so for example they won't be as mindful of the braking distance required or even how the vehicle will react under different braking conditions. Basically they fail to interpret how vastly different braking on dry pavement is compared to roads covered in snow/ice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you can't realize the difference between dry pavement and snow/ice/sleet/rain even covered pavement, you're just stupid and shouldn't be allowed to drive. It's pretty simple. It's not rocket science to figure out what road conditions are and how to treat them accordingly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Unless its black ice covered by snow then good luck, but that doesn't happen too often on main roads. You just have to also be cognizant of that too, know if the city salted or treated roads, what weather conditions were like, etc. Factor in all of that and you'll be 99% safe.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Unless its black ice covered by snow then good luck, but that doesn't happen too often on main roads. You just have to also be cognizant of that too, know if the city salted or treated roads, what weather conditions were like, etc. Factor in all of that and you'll be 99% safe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dealing with black ice, nobody can see to avoid. You can't even do anything to prep for that. Majority of the time I find black ice is on the highway and I've seen a lot of fatalities regarding that and have had personal experiences with it as well. That stuff is no joke.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Actually highways are the best maintained in the winter since that's the first snow plows and de-icers hit. You just have to be aware of when they actually go through the process of doing that. But if you drive in the tracks of where other vehicles would go you're in the clear. It's just logic at the end of the day.

Local roads are what you have to worry about when it comes to black ice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts