Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about the first opportunity we've had to actually use the AWD function up here since the weather has been unusually mild and the roads are pretty clear. Today, I tried out the AWD function. I pressed the AWD lock switch, the indicator light comes on, and I back out of the garage. It stays in AWD until I hit about 30 MPH, then reverts to non-AWD, but, if I start to slide, it shows power transfer between FWD and AWD until I regain control. The owner's manual is useless for any explanation of how AWD is supposed to work - it barely mentions this function at all. Does anyone have any experience with this function and, if so, can you give me some advice on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Joe! Mine does the same thing- the lock cuts out at 25 mph and won’t let you relive until speed is below 25. Think this is pretty common for Nissan as it did something similar on our ‘13 pathfinder. I assume it is to prevent damage and overheating to the transfer case, but like you said it will divert power to all wheels if it detects slipping. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Joe! Mine does the same thing- the lock cuts out at 25 mph and won’t let you relive until speed is below 25. Think this is pretty common for Nissan as it did something similar on our ‘13 pathfinder. I assume it is to prevent damage and overheating to the transfer case, but like you said it will divert power to all wheels if it detects slipping. Hope this helps!
Yes. I found a site that explains Nissan's 'ruse' with billing this as 'AWD' and that's pretty much how it works. If you list it as AWD, it should be an all-wheel drive, not some weak adaptation of that great feature. I guess I'm used to the AWD we had on our Trailblazer, which was a true 4X4 on command or an auto AWD at the flip of a dial. I'm not sure how useful this version will be with 24 inches of snow on the ground and ice under that. :confused:

I wasn't expecting the 4X4 we had on the Toyota Land Cruiser, three-speed transverse box, locking front hubs and all, but AWD available when you need it would be nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts