Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been considering the Nissan Qashqai 1.2T.
Its power is 85kw and a torque of 190Nm.Not great for such a largish suv.
My concern is that is this engine powerful enough for such a large body?
I often take my family of 4 and lots of baggage on holidays.
I dont want an underpowered drive...
Any thoughs or suggestions from owners?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think it may feel slightly under powered, but the fuel efficiency is there.. If you're one to "tune the ecm" you can definitely take it to get a bit of a bump up in terms of power. It'll be perfect I think.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It will come down to how it feels in person through the various situations you'll be putting it through day in and day out. Yes power as you reported the numbers don't seem that great but it depends on where that power is being made and how its being made. For all you (and we) know that power is more than enough.

Peak BHP is made at 5000rpm, that to me is sufficient.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Best to test drive one and see how it feels to you and imagine what it would be like weighted down with a family. I think it's god enough for a family vacation at cruising speeds, just won't make you feel like you're being pushed into your seat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It'll have enough power to haul a family and baggage but this isn't meant to be performance oriented. It's a well rounded vehicle and that's pretty much it. If you want something to push you into your seat, you'll definitely need to look away from this

·
Registered
363 Posts
Exactly.

At the most what you should be doing with it is hauling your whole family, fill up the cargo area, and haul a small trailer from U Haul. And for the family trying to go on a road trip to get away that sets them up perfectly all without meeting any sort of stress threshold for the Qashqai. Overall most people of SUV's like this don't go that far with them.

During the odd time you need to haul something, rent a truck or more durable SUV.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep. There are a lot of rental companies for hauling things. Why put your vehicle through the stress and extra fuel consumption when you can just rent one for cheap for a few hours and abuse it, bring it back and everything is okay.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That, or make friends with someone that has a pick up truck. Throw em' a case of beer or whatever and call it a day. Now you have someone to hang out with as well during your hauling lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep. There are a lot of rental companies for hauling things. Why put your vehicle through the stress and extra fuel consumption when you can just rent one for cheap for a few hours and abuse it, bring it back and everything is okay.

Careful with the abuse part, you don't want to be paying out thousands on top of the cost to rent. Although it will go on your insurance, your still paying in the end. Treat it like you would treat your own,

·
Registered
363 Posts

Careful with the abuse part, you don't want to be paying out thousands on top of the cost to rent. Although it will go on your insurance, your still paying in the end. Treat it like you would treat your own,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh no for sure, I mean, don't throw them over curbs and try to damage the thing but, when renting trucks and what not you have a bed that you can throw your things in the back and drag them around the place and do whatever. Don't take em' and go curb riding and play bumper cars with poles lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts