Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bicycle nut - love to ride and always looking for new places to see and trails to ride on. I have an Allen Sport ultra-compact rack that I used on my Jeep Patriot, which didn't have that wing extension above the hatch like the Rogue Sport does. The rack I have has a top strap that clips to the top lip of the hatch. I'm a bit leary of installing it on the Sport since that lip looks a bit flimsy and I'm fairly certain it won't take the strain of both the wrap tension and the weight of the bike without breaking. I don't have a trailer hitch installed which seems to be the only alternative (a hitch-mounted bike rack) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a workable rack that hooks to the rear hatch?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey bud, I too am a bike enthusiast and I am currently using the "Saris Solo 1 Bike Carrier" for my Nissan Rogue Sport.
You can buy it at the link I posted below. (no hitch mounting required).
It's fits perfect and works very well. Been using it for a few years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Doesn't it bend and flex that silly wing they stuck above the hatch window? I tried my Allen Sport and just the weight of the rack made that flimsy wing sort of flex a bit. Add the bike and the bouncing on the road and all I could think about was finding wing, rack, and bike in a fricken heap on the road!

I checked it out and it looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I havent had any problems with connecting it to the wing (I kinda like that they added it, looks sporty).
I strongly recommend this bike rack. It's well made.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh!!! One thing I did forget to mention, and its a con unfortunatley, is that this bike rack does interfere with the back-up camera view.
That's the only thing I dont like...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts