Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my new Rogue Sport a month ago and love it!! Only issue I have is when I make calls on Bluetooth with my Apple X, latest iOS, the people on the other end hear a loud noise. It’s been described to me as a whistling tea kettle, a dental drill, and a squeaking door. I don’t hear it on my end and have tried using a different phone (iPhone 8) to see if that helps but no luck. It happens on about 8 out of 10 calls I make and seems to get louder with engine acceleration. I’ve heard the noise by having someone call me from my car and it’s loud enough to make listening uncomfortable. Anyone else have this issue and any suggestions for a fix?? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Queenbee629. Not sure if such noises are from the bluetooth itself or even your iPhone X. On my previous car, a 2015 Altima, people would ask "what is that noise?" Well it turns out it was from my AC vents when they were pointed upwards, the airflow would hit the car mic and distort the sound.

As I read the manual for my Sport, there was a note about that on there. Hope this helps you out.

Search the iPhone X forums to see if anyone has reported this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan Consumer Affairs

Thanks!! I’ll check that on the vents. Seems that this is a “known issue” according to Nissan and after speaking with consumer affairs, the master engineers are working on it. What they can’t tell me is how long they’ve been working on it since I bought a 2017. Seems like since the 18s are out they would already have a solution. I asked if they’ve been working on it 9 days or 9 months and was told they didn’t know because the master engineers are not a customer based department. I haven’t even had the car for a month!!!! This stinks!:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth phone noise

In my 2017 Rogue with the Bose system, the other person on the phone with me hears the whirring noise upon acceleration only. My wife and I just tested it out. When she hit the gas, I heard a very audible high pitched whirring. All other times it is perfectly quiet.
When I listen to BT music, which I do quite often, there is zero whirring on my end. I am totally unaware of the noise until I talk to someone on the phone and THEY complain of the noise. Weird... I haven't been in for my first servicing yet, but I will be soon and will report it to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have the issue since I bought my 2017 in October. I have had it back to the dealer 7 times. Consumer Affairs stated that it is only an iPhone issue because of the updates. This, in fact, is not true since I confronted the rep and he agreed that it has to do with the wiring. I have an older Nissan and the newer iPhones work just fine. This issue is just with the Rogue and not all of them. They denied my claim for a buyback since it's just the bluetooth and not a mechanical issue. I was told it will be 2-3 months before the engineers can find a fix. If this doesn't happen in all the other Nissan models, why can't they find what is causing the issue? Very annoying since I am not getting what I paid for. Did anyone else have an issue trying to connect to Nissan Connect?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

2017.5 Nissan Rouge SL.

Same issue , same noise. We both have Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8 phones. I even tried my daughters Apple s6 phone. It didn't make a difference. Same noise on all three phones. Car has been back to dealership twice this week. Also had issue last week Gps and radio turned off. On dash screen Shipping Mode Storage fuse box lit up. After 3 or 4 minutes. Lite turned off and GPS and Radio came back on. I have noticed emergency braking system turn on and off with just a little bit of rain or snow. Anyone else have same issues?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Trying your phones on another Nissan model on the dealers lot that runs a different built or a different hardware setup would be interesting. It might be the diagnosis they need to provide us a solution and quick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has been an issue with my car for the entire year I have owned it. Very disappointed that Nissan could seemingly care less about the safety feature not functioning. So much for hands free driving for my wife. If it reportedly works on some but not all, rip it out and put a new one in. First Nissan I have purchased and not off to a good start. Will be looking to dump this Lemon off in the near future if they can’t fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this on my 2017 Rogue Sport - people could hear a whistle that appeared to be influenced by the engine rpm. Dealer could not identify a fix and sent me away saying that it is an iPhone X problem and that it did not do it with their phones which were Android based. Took the Rogue Sport to another dealer, they called the DTC engineer who stated it is a known issue and he initiated a field repair. It has resolved the whistling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2017 Nissan Sentra. It seems to happen only when I call them on their cell. I talk to my sister on her landline and she doesn't hear it.
it is so annoying for the people on the other end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this on my 2017 Rogue Sport - people could hear a whistle that appeared to be influenced by the engine rpm. Dealer could not identify a fix and sent me away saying that it is an iPhone X problem and that it did not do it with their phones which were Android based. Took the Rogue Sport to another dealer, they called the DTC engineer who stated it is a known issue and he initiated a field repair. It has resolved the whistling.
rx7fanatik, may you provide additional details regarding the diagnostic/repair of this issue?

I want to steer them in the right direction because at this point they believe I'm in denial that my phone's the actual issue. The loaner Rogues and family members Nissans have zero issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have experienced a noise in the bluetooth on our 2014 Rogue since new.
Basically, whoever is in the car on the Bluetooth has to shut off the fan on the AC/Heat while talking on the Bluetooth. It appears the fan is blowing directly on the microphone of the bluetooth causing wind noise. You cannot hear the person at all. As soon as they shut off the fan then it is crystal clear.

I recommend testing that with yours and see if it is blower fan noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What was fix?

Do you know what or how the fix was completed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apparently this whistling noise is happening in several Nissan models. I too am experiencing this in a 2017 Nissan Sentra and it happens with bluetooth on or off, radio on or off, a/c on or off. It even happened when i just turned vehicle off but couldn't locate where it was coming from. I thought it could be a feedback issue from using car bluetooth but apparently not if bluetooth is off and car is off along with car radio. Haven't taken it to the dealer yet. After reading post about this problem wish someone posted a fix to prevent me from arguing back and forth with the dealership. I'll keep checking in to see if someone posts a fix or an update to this whistling noise problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did they fix it?

Do you know what or how the fix was completed?
Can you let me know what they did to fix it? I need to relay this to my Nissan service dept. they changed out the AC blower motor because that is what Nissan told them to do. That did not fix it. I really need to get this fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar issue with my Sentra. When bluetooth is enabled everything sounds fine inside the car but who ever I'm on the phone with hears a muffled/static/distorted sound. After doing some research I came across the factory service manual for my vehicle. In there were details on running a diagnostic test to the bluetooth module. Basically you hold the call button for 5 seconds, then hit both call and end buttons at the same time, itll make a beep noise and you hit both the call and end button at the same time before the beep ends. Then it goes through the test for about 20 seconds and eventually give you an error code of what the issue is. The FSM also has a list of the error codes and tells you steps on repair or what part is not working. My diagnostic said "antenna open" meaning the bluetooth antenna is no functioning properly. I'm going to order a new one hoping that will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello... Has anyone had this problem fixed? My dealer claims they don't hear the noise. I've taken mine in twice now. I came across this forum and see that it's a known issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello... Has anyone had this problem fixed? My dealer claims they don't hear the noise. I've taken mine in twice now. I came across this forum and see that it's a known issue.
it is a known issue but no one knows how to fix it. I called my dealer from my phone and he could hear it. They dont know what is causing it. They changed the blower motor and that did not resolve the problem. I have a 2017 Sentra...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bluetooth noise follow up

Well seems this issue affects most Nissan cars. I too heard the noise yesterday. Very annoying, high pitched, and gets worse as the car accelerates. It is definitely influenced by the RPMs of the engine. I will bring it up to my dealer techs on my next visit to see what they say. Will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts