Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a nissan rogue sport 2017. and I´m really, meaning, absolutely not happy with the sound quality in the car. never had that issue before, in all the cars I had it was fine. I don´t need anything fancy. but the sound is so bad, too bassy and too thin at the same time. I was shocked! would love to exchange the car just because of that, but that´s not possible probably. did anyone here have the same issue? is there anything I could do? like replacing the speakers? never dealt with audio problems in a car. I´m clueless right now! thanks so much !!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome and I know just what you mean. If you have the Base model (like ours), it only has the low on the door four speakers. Not the best location by far. The model w/tweeters mounted on the dash, very poor location. There are options. Replace the door speakers w/better quality ones. There were speakers (I believe Infinity's) which had a swivel tweeter. So you you could aim the tweeter upwards. How much this will help....no idea. You really need to visit an car audio shop and see if they could mount a woofer/mid in the door location and the tweeter in the upper part of the door or perhaps the A pillar. It will not be inexpensive. Our Sport is my wife's car and she doesn't care. I'm like you, I could never stand for the the stock sound quality. Just had a thought....you could mount front tweeters in the dash and see if they sound OK w/you. My experience w/tweeters mounted in this location is less than satisfactory. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
With my 18' RS I hated my sound system. Went over to best buy, got me 4 new kicker speakers for the doors with a amp. And slapped a subwoofer in my trunk with its own amp. And I'm just inlove with the sound quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AteyerCookiex, did you have to reset your stereo after installing your new speakers and amp? I installed new speakers and now no sound (key entry).

·
Registered
2017 Rogue Sport SL AWD
4 Posts
I just bought a nissan rogue sport 2017. and I´m really, meaning, absolutely not happy with the sound quality in the car. never had that issue before, in all the cars I had it was fine. I don´t need anything fancy. but the sound is so bad, too bassy and too thin at the same time. I was shocked! would love to exchange the car just because of that, but that´s not possible probably. did anyone here have the same issue? is there anything I could do? like replacing the speakers? never dealt with audio problems in a car. I´m clueless right now! thanks so much !!
I feel ya on the sound quality. Went from having a solid upgraded stock system in my Dart GT to the basic paper cone crap in my Rogue. Check out www.crutchfield.com. I have purchased and installed all my mobile audio from them for the last 15 years. They send full on instructions of how to disassemble and install the gear you purchase for your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you have component speakers installed in the front, I would install the tweeters into the sail panel by the front mirrors. I had some JL Audio C650 component spks just recently installed and because of a misunderstanding the tweeters were installed in the factor dash location. Not bad sounding but the other location I believe would have been better. I will say the factory radio is very weak and FM radio quality is very poor IMO. I really would try to install very efficient spks. or install an aftermarket amp. I did install some Kicker 5 1/4" in our Toyota and I was very impressed. If you saw the factory speaker in our cars, you would be very disappointed at their quality. Next I'm installing some rear door speaker. (Kenwood KFC-1696's) in our RS. I'll attempt to do this myself. Should add a pleasant rear blend and make the whole system sound better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts