Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I just bought the 2018 qashqai (rogue sport) SV manual which only had the smaller screen. It's fine but I would love to change it out with a larger screen with nav and android auto. Not a whole lot of information out there on dash kits or best options for replacements. Anyone change theirs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure how knowledgeable you are with wiring/electrical but I haven't seen any mention of plug of play systems. It's pretty ridiculous that Android Auto/Apple CarPlay isn't a standard feature across the industry yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been wanting to do the same exact thing in my 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL. I recently installed a sub-woofer and I normally upgrade radio and speakers while doing so.
In this case, it's a brand new car so I left the stock speakers until they blow. I also didn't want to mess with the stock radio since it all wired up to the steering wheel controls and stuff.
I would love to install the Android Auto, which is priced at around $500 but I'm still contemplating it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade the firmware on the Nissan Rogue stock radio?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone ever figures out how to swap out the stereo with something that has android/apple auto, and still keep all the steering wheel functions and the birds eye view cameras, please let us know. Sucks I was told when I bought it, it had that feature, but when i finally got a phone that I could use with it, I found out it didn't.
I spoke with the after-market group at the dealership and they had no clue what to replace it with.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Cooler17, yes, there is a way to swap out the stock radio and keep all the things you mentioned!
There is an adapter that is installed behind the radio which allows for the connections. It runs at about $300.00.
Any place you go to that does audio will know about it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you. I will try a different shop. The one i went to a few weeks ago said they didn't think they could keep the birdeye view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts