Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad rattle that is coming from the vent on the upper dash on drivers side. Tried popping it out so I could add some tape but it would not come out so I didn't want to force it. I also think the other side also has the same noise. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The defroster vent just in front the windshield? That would be difficult to remedy. Or are we talking about the driver/passenger and dual center vents. I would not be too fond of having a dealer "Tech" working on this as I like to do as much of my own maintenance as possible. BUT you need to document the issue w/the dealer as long as the car is under warranty. (12 month?) Has the changing weather have anything to w/this. My bones do sure creak more in winter and the passing yrs! I sure hope you get this fixed as I surely wouldn't want to hear this especially on a relatively new car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The defroster vent just in front the windshield? That would be difficult to remedy. Or are we talking about the driver/passenger and dual center vents. I would not be too fond of having a dealer "Tech" working on this as I like to do as much of my own maintenance as possible. BUT you need to document the issue w/the dealer as long as the car is under warranty. (12 month?) Has the changing weather have anything to w/this. My bones do sure creak more in winter and the passing yrs! I sure hope you get this fixed as I surely wouldn't want to hear this especially on a relatively new car.
It's this vent Sparky. One on the drivers side and one on the passengers side. https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Nissan-Rogue-Sport-X-Trail-T32-2017-2019-Air-Condition-Vent-Outlet-Cover/112525951230?_trkparms=aid=1110001&algo=SPLICE

·
Registered
118 Posts
The side window defroster vent. Sure hope you get this resolved. I hate rattles of any kind. Our RS has so far been perfect except for a very sensitive gas pedal when the engine is cold. I wonder what could be the cause of this rattle? Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can put pressure on it to stop it so it should be a simple fix. Tried popping it out with a plastic tool but it would not move and don't want to possibly break it.My 19 Sport is due for it's first oil change(5,000 miles)so will tell them about it. My 16 Versa Note has been rattle free from day 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts