Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire on my 2017 sport (4 wheel drive). Donut tire was put on. As i was driving to tire shop, the drive train warning lite came on. The mechanic at the shop told me the reason for this, was because the fluid was getting hot. The smaller donut tire was the problem. Never heard of this. Why would nissan put a donut tire spare on four wheel drive cars? Thinking about getting a full size spare. Anyone have this problem? Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Donut tire on 4 wheel drive 2017 sport

Sparky,thanks for the the reply. I do have 17 inch alloy wheels. I did not understand your answer about the fluid and cooler. Could you please explain? Are you saying the 2017 does not have cooler? The shop guy,said the difference in the size of the tires(donut on one wheel and 17inch on the others) caused the fluid to get hot,because the rotation of the tires was different. This happens on 4 wheel drives only. Nissan states in the nissan manuel,not to drive over 45 mph when using the donut tire on 4 wheel drive. Hard to do on the expressway. Thank again for answering the donut was on the rear wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts