Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't understand why Nissan puts such large mirrors on its cars. They create a blind spot that makes turning left kinda tricky. Anyone else find this to be a problem?

I drove a RAV4 and a CRV before buying the 2018.5 Sport, and didn't find the mirrors to be in the way. The mirrors on the Sport are about 3/4" taller than those on my '08 Nissan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I personally like the mirrors this large size. Never had an issue w/"blind" spots because the first thing I do on any car we buy is put some blind spot stick-on round mirrors on and this problem is solved. I really appreciate these larger mirrors especially after driving a car which has really small mirrors. I never rely solely on a standard side rear view mirror to detect the presence of another vehicle along side of me. I hope your Sport otherwise gives you great driving pleasure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think Winchman means that the mirror blocks your view of what is behind the mirror. My wife who is about 5 feet tall complains of the same thing. I am almost 6 feet and find that the left mirror even blocks some of my front view when turning left.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the explaining. I've not noticed this personally. What bothers me quite a lot w/outboard visibility is the rake and location of the A-pillar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, but I was going to put up with that because the car handled so smooth, so quiet, the car was just perfect.
I only found it to be blinding at night, where the dash would reflect into the mirror. Never had that happen before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really don't understand why Nissan puts such large mirrors on its cars. They create a blind spot that makes turning left kinda tricky. Anyone else find this to be a problem?

I drove a RAV4 and a CRV before buying the 2018.5 Sport, and didn't find the mirrors to be in the way. The mirrors on the Sport are about 3/4" taller than those on my '08 Nissan.
I've had more problems with the passenger side mirror
Almost got hit 6 times now because I didn't see a car coming; it was just behind the stupid big mirror. Scary. Cars have blown horns at me. Wow. Never happened in any other car, owned 3 Jeep Cherokees and a Liberty Sport. I want to sell the Rogue because of this. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have to agree, the mirrors are a little too large. It's a shame you feel like having to sell because of this but...it would be the perfect time to sell and look into something else. Something to really check out before next purchase. Good luck and be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts