Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't understand why Nissan puts such large mirrors on its cars. They create a blind spot that makes turning left kinda tricky. Anyone else find this to be a problem?

I drove a RAV4 and a CRV before buying the 2018.5 Sport, and didn't find the mirrors to be in the way. The mirrors on the Sport are about 3/4" taller than those on my '08 Nissan.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I personally like the mirrors this large size. Never had an issue w/"blind" spots because the first thing I do on any car we buy is put some blind spot stick-on round mirrors on and this problem is solved. I really appreciate these larger mirrors especially after driving a car which has really small mirrors. I never rely solely on a standard side rear view mirror to detect the presence of another vehicle along side of me. I hope your Sport otherwise gives you great driving pleasure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think Winchman means that the mirror blocks your view of what is behind the mirror. My wife who is about 5 feet tall complains of the same thing. I am almost 6 feet and find that the left mirror even blocks some of my front view when turning left.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the explaining. I've not noticed this personally. What bothers me quite a lot w/outboard visibility is the rake and location of the A-pillar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, but I was going to put up with that because the car handled so smooth, so quiet, the car was just perfect.
I only found it to be blinding at night, where the dash would reflect into the mirror. Never had that happen before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts