Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems very interesting and something I would highly anticipate. What about you guys ??

Nissan's Gareth Dunsmore thinks it's only a matter of time before Nissan's range is electrified; this means future generations of today's models will ditch combustion power

“We’re leaders in crossovers and a leader with Leaf and we will combine those two in the future,” said Gareth Dunsmore, director of the Nissan’s zero-emission business unit.

At present, Nissan’s electric models are built on dedicated EV platforms. Dunsmore said this would always be the preferable option, but the “next step is a platform fit for EVs from day one”. These platforms would also be engineered to take internal combustion engines and other drivetrain technology.

Dunsmore added: “I hope EV stands up within that [platform] and people see it as environmentally friendly, fun and cost-efficient.”

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Qashqai alone is the perfect vehicle for a lot of demographics so naturally you'll have that segment of them that will easily go for an electric version. And it could be one of the first affordable electric SUV's to hit the market. At the moment all we have is the Model X and it ain't cheap, not everyone can fork over six figures, but $40k-ish is doable for a lot with a decent job.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that's the thing I like about the Qashqai. It's a very versatile vehicle. You can put this thing in any part of the world, and you'll have a market for it. Introducing an electric version of it, and you're just appealing to more people.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Indeed and it works out great for Nissan since they're sort of probing the North American markets with it, which could mean with a successful Qashqai, we might see a next gen model say in the Americas.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a next generation of the Qashqai. It'll definitely do well enough to encourage a little face-lift and release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts