Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exterior color choice is everyone thinking of going with?? There are quite a few options out there and I'm actually stuck... I may want to go with the regular ol' white but I'm also thinking of something crazy like Nitro Lime haha.

What are you guys thinking of??

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm probably going to be the boring one and will go with a white or maybe the black. I'm definitely not looking for as much attention as I know for a fact that green is going to bring.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I tried really hard to consider the lighter and brighter colors but I've come to the conclusion that a dark color that makes it look monotone is better for me, so for that reason, black is it. If they had less lower black plastic, then Nitro Lime might be on my list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do wonder what it would look like if the lower plastic was body matched. I think it may be a bit too overpowering though no?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I do wonder what it would look like if the lower plastic was body matched. I think it may be a bit too overpowering though no?
If it can work well on higher end SUV's then I don't see why it can't on something more main stream like the Rogue.

Example:

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can't really compare the two though. Yes they're both "SUVs" but overall styling are vastly different.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm imagining that Bentley with black lower portions and it just looks so economy haha. If the lower valences of the Rogue Sport were styled slightly different, I think it would look okay. Just not with the way that it is. It would be a bit odd.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can't really compare the two though. Yes they're both "SUVs" but overall styling are vastly different.
Its just an example of an SUV in all body color. Imaging that on the Rogue, it will be a good look, there are other examples of SUV's more without price range running all body color, but I think you get the point.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are a lot of SUVs that are all one color. I don't think it'll be a good look at all considering the rogues lower plastic bumpers. You'd typically find with a lot of vehicles, if you make them all one color when they have all that plastic towards the bottom, they'd look weird.

·
Registered
363 Posts
this Honda Vezel is a great example of how well monotone theme's can improve the design of a CUV as cheap as the Vezel is, so if it can be done on a cheaper product, the rogue is no exception:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Most cars are painted one color and that's fine with me so long as it's a nice shade. There are a lot of odd options out there that makes me wonder if anyone will really be interested in having their car painted that color.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Most cars are painted one color and that's fine with me so long as it's a nice shade. There are a lot of odd options out there that makes me wonder if anyone will really be interested in having their car painted that color.
I agree and often when I find a car I like that has too much lower black/grey plastic I just get a color that blends in really well with it. Funny enough the Rogue in the forums banner is a perfect example of that and a color combination I would gladly get.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The darker blue does go very well with the black body panels, and so will red and white. It's also aided by the body lines of the Rouge as well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Personally I think blue looks better on the Rogue and that might have something to do with Nissans Marketing team using blue in a lot of pictures. Only Nissan SUV i liked red on was the Pathfinder. Nissan is weird like that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It looks amazing, especially the section right under direct sunlight. Nissan has aptly named that paint color for how much it really does remind me of the butterfly's wings.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Love this amazing color! I remember my 2004 Nissan Murano which also was in Orange color, but not as bright as yours.
Too bad that often red and orange are the two colors that fade with too much sun light exposure. Seen it for myself with friends cars and ever since I have kept my red cars indoors. Of course it can be reversed but why go through that if you don't have to.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts