Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2020 rogue.
The forward collision light comes on and blinks until I turn the truck off and back on. It also starts to engage my brakes, I can feel it when I push on brake peddle. Its been at the dealer for 3 days now. The computer does not pick a code up. So the wannenty people say if the computer doesn't see it nothing is wrong. I call bullshit!
Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The dealer may need to replace the sensor in the front. One member here also had the same issue I do believe. I sure hope the dealer is able to resolve this for you. I wish you well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dought it very much! If there are no codes the warranty people will not cover it. I talked to the warranty people. I feel so screwed on this suv!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Document as much as possible. But I understand....no codes, where is the dealer to look? (Is that why they keep it for 3 days to try to replicate the problem?) The Rogue Sport is made in Japan and for many of us has been very reliable. One member had an issue w/the emergency braking system and the sensor in the front grill was replaced and solved the problem. I'm sorry for your feelings. You should escalate to corporate and get the regional customer rep. involved. Good luck w/your Rogue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
The forward collision light comes on and blinks until I turn the truck off and back on. It also starts to engage my brakes, I can feel it when I push on brake peddle. Its been at the dealer for 3 days now. The computer does not pick a code up. So the wannenty people say if the computer doesn't see it nothing is wrong. I call bullshit!
That is BS,if the brakes are engaging they need to replace the sensor,I would not drive that car off the lot.Anytime the brakes could engage ,imagine a large truck bearing down on you,or wife and children.I had to replace mine myself since my Rogue sport had 40,000 miles on it when it happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
It is happening to my 2020 Altima. I've taken it in 4 different times now and they replaced the steering rod and this last time replaced the sensor and this morning the collision light went off again and they say its not popping up on reader so they can't do nothing about it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
Hi, My light collision light has been on for a month. I took it to the dealership and when diagnosing the issue they ended up breaking my front windshield (they replaced it). Then told me that the part was on backorder. A month later, I called as I was told the part should be in and then was told the part is on national backorder. Totally upset, been googling to find that there is a lawsuit for this issue on older models of the same vehicle. Not sure what avenue to take next, I will be taking this issue up the food chain that is for sure!

·
Registered
145 Posts
In the mean time, can FEB on a Nissan be turned-off? (From a brief internet search....Settings>Driver assistance>Emergency Brake>OK>System>OK.) This is the exact reason why we purchased a 2017 BASE Rogue Sport which does not have this "Safety" feature. Seems like Nissan has a problem on their hands. But a National Back-order? Have there been that many cases? Either way, I would be extremely upset as well. I sure hope this works out well for you. Unfortunately, most new cars these days have all these "safety" features standard. I believe every New Nissan car/SUV (except for the NV200) has this feature. Best and keep us informed. Bill

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well....Kemp vs Nissan. Class Action. Filed 09/27/2019. Interesting read. Did not realize the extent of the issue. Kemp is requesting Nissan replace the defective part/s under warranty. From what I gather, according to the case filing, there's at least 1000 Connecticut cases. I wonder how this is going work out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
This happened to me this evening. It’s a pretty cold night and I needed to use the defroster. It went away on its own after a few minutes of driving. My guess is that the sensor was frozen. I also noticed that my automatic brights would not work while the light was on so it absolutely is a sensor failure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
I bought the 2020 Rogue in October when the weather was still warm. Came December when it started to get cold, the forward collision light came on. The first time I brought it to the dealer was around mid December, they couldn't replicate the issue so they just recommended to clean the sensor. 2 weeks passed by, the collision light kept coming on. Sometimes it stayed on for 30+ min, and sometimes it only stayed on for 5min. So by last week of December, I took it to another dealer. They also couldn't figure out the issue. So, they reset the system and just told me to monitor it. Sure enough, it kept happening. Finally, I reached out to Nissan's consumer fair group to raise the issue. Someone actually got in touch with me. They sent out a "special technician". We met, I showed him the video that I recorded and explained the situation. He said "it's likely an environmental thing, but I will definitely check this out for you. As long as it doesn't stay on solid light, you should be fine". They kept my car for one day, could not replicate the scenario. Told me to come get my car. They wrapped up the inspection. A day later, it was pouring rain on my way home from SF. The light came on again, this time SOLID. It stayed solid for 29min, went away, and back on again solid for another 12 min. When the consumer affair reached back to give me the final finding, she said there is nothing they can do because it's environmental. I was planning on suing then I thought what if this was really environmental? But, thought I would gather more info from people who also experience the same. This is certainly a huge disappointment. Weather has been warmer since then, the light hasn't come up once. It's mind buggling..

·
Registered
4 Posts
In and out of the dealership, both with a flashing and steady light on. Going 70mph down the interstate or getting mail from the mailbox, or coming home yesterday I got both. The dealership (Nissan of Mobile) has looked at this issue at least 4 times while under warranty. The computer has been flashed, radar realigned (x2), radar replaced, and several other days of poking and prodding. I have had the Emergency Braking System engage twice, and both times I was under 5mph (both instances in the same trip to work). The EBS "BREAK" light has gone off numerous times and the car has not self-engaged the brakes (I assume it is warning me before self-braking). The auto-breaking, lane departure, and blindspot monitoring are all turned on even though I have had this issue. I am too concerned that interstate speeds in heavy traffic would not turn out well for anyone. Does anyone else have traction problems, both from a standing start and have the feeling that the car is going to slip or spin while cornering, had the radio head unit replaced for just turning itself off, or feel that the CVT bucks below 15mph (slowing and taking a corner before accelerating down a residential street from higher speed traffic, as if it did not want to "downshift")?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the 2020 Rogue in October when the weather was still warm. Came December when it started to get cold, the forward collision light came on. The first time I brought it to the dealer was around mid December, they couldn't replicate the issue so they just recommended to clean the sensor. 2 weeks passed by, the collision light kept coming on. Sometimes it stayed on for 30+ min, and sometimes it only stayed on for 5min. So by last week of December, I took it to another dealer. They also couldn't figure out the issue. So, they reset the system and just told me to monitor it. Sure enough, it kept happening. Finally, I reached out to Nissan's consumer fair group to raise the issue. Someone actually got in touch with me. They sent out a "special technician". We met, I showed him the video that I recorded and explained the situation. He said "it's likely an environmental thing, but I will definitely check this out for you. As long as it doesn't stay on solid light, you should be fine". They kept my car for one day, could not replicate the scenario. Told me to come get my car. They wrapped up the inspection. A day later, it was pouring rain on my way home from SF. The light came on again, this time SOLID. It stayed solid for 29min, went away, and back on again solid for another 12 min. When the consumer affair reached back to give me the final finding, she said there is nothing they can do because it's environmental. I was planning on suing then I thought what if this was really environmental? But, thought I would gather more info from people who also experience the same. This is certainly a huge disappointment. Weather has been warmer since then, the light hasn't come up once. It's mind buggling..
I live in Mobile, AL. Rain, sun, wind, pollen, Tuesday, the car does not care. 2018 Rogue S purchased used 6/19 ~27K mi. I would like to follow your story

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2020 rogue.
I have a 2020 Rogue also. This warning popped on a week or so ago. It hasn’t started to affect the brakes yet, God I hope h that it doesn’t. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the second time. I took it to the dealer last week, but of course at the time the light wasn’t on, so nothing was done. I’ve taken a picture in case it happens again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Document as much as possible. But I understand....no codes, where is the dealer to look? (Is that why they keep it for 3 days to try to replicate the problem?) The Rogue Sport is made in Japan and for many of us has been very reliable. One member had an issue w/the emergency braking system and the sensor in the front grill was replaced and solved the problem. I'm sorry for your feelings. You should escalate to corporate and get the regional customer rep. involved. Good luck w/your Rogue.
I am not 100% sure on this, but I have the "Nissan Connect" ??? feature turned on where it shares my vehicle info with Nissan. Whenever I make an appointment with the dealership now it seems that it is less of a challenge convincing them that something did fault. I also have my collision light flashing on video as I am getting mail from my mailbox on the street. I do not think that videoing while driving is a good idea for the driver, a flashing collision light at 75mph on the interstate with no one in front of me did help once. I was not the one videoing. Also, several times when I was facing the sun at dawn or dusk the collision light went off (the sun's angle was low to the horizon and I live in Mobile, AL a very high humidity area). Grasping at straws here too

·
Registered
4 Posts
In a prior post I mentioned traction and control in rainy conditions. Even with new tires on the 18 Rogue when I purchased it used from the dealership, the new Goodyear Assurance cleared up 95% of the traction and fear of slipping and/or sliding problems. I now am a firm believer that spending the extra money on a good brand is paramount. Even with 65% tread left on the old tires, I was not safe in my rainy city with the old set of tires. Now I am safe but broke (a far better place to be). Just an FYI

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sooo I too having a little trouble with this issue. I have a 2020 Sentra when I got my car last July of course it was hot out. When I first noticed the issues with my sensor it was mid November I called Nissan they fixed it and haven’t had any issues UNTIL a couple days ago. I had to use my defroster and I noticed my light came on. What made me noticed the light was when I went to push my brakes So reading some of these story confirms my theory. The light only come on when it’s foggy,raining or when using my defroster

1 - 20 of 22 Posts