Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Qashqai is one year old. We brought it in to the dealer today and made a warranty claim. The trapezoidal emblem (nameplate) on the front grill had some minor delamination. There were some bubbles under the clear plastic (looked like a poorly applied screen protector on a smartphone) almost since new. The service person said this was quite common. Replaced under warranty.

The dealer also checked out the AEB radar sensor to make sure it was working properly. Apparently there was a software update which was installed in the last oil change about six months back. My wife who is the main driver said the AEB warning came on a few times in heavy traffic. Before the update, she says the AEB warning would stay on until she turned engine off and on. After the update, she says the AEB warning is less frequent and will turn off on its own after a few minutes of drivng. Personally, I have never experienced the AEB. One of these days, I will set up a bunch of empty cardboard boxes in our cul-de-sac and take a run at them to test the AEB.

Overall, we have been happy with the vehicle. The air filter gets dirty very easily. I think that the airbox is too small and the incoming air blows directly onto the verically mounted filter. On my other vehicles, the filter is mounted horizontally in a larger airbox and the air comes in from below, so that heavier bits dirt and debris fall to bottom of air box instead of hitting the filter directly. It is good idea to check the Qashqai air filter and to knock/vacuum the big bits to extend life of filter.

My only complaint is that the dealer is a bit pushy in trying to get us to agree to the extra recommended servicing. If they had their way, they would do a brake fluid change, wheel alignment, wheel rotation, cabin air filter change, every six months. If you check out my previous posts, the dealer talked my wife into an unnecessary brake fluid change six months ago. I complained and they agreed to give us 2 oil changes as compensation. When we brought the car in today for an oil change and warranty work, they tried to get us to do another brake fluid change again. A real turn off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm glad you both are enjoying the car! I'd be a little concerned w/this AEB. Why is this really necessary? More things to go wrong. Nissan is employing these "safety" features in even the lowest priced cars they sell now. We'll be holding on to our older cars as long as possible. Our 2017 Rogue Sport Base model did NOT come w/these features. I'd be really turned off by your dealer! Just tell them enough of that nonsense. My 2 yr. dealer state inspection is due shortly. I'm debating whether to have them do the tire rotation. (Never been done. 10k miles.) I'll report back. (If the Nissan service is anything like their VW service dept., no worries.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole trapezoidal emblem was replaced. We had to go in a few weeks later to have it adjusted as the whole thing became loose.

In B.C., if your car has AEB, you will get a 10% discount on your insurance premium. I guess those insurers must have research to show that AEB will prevent or reduce accidents.

·
Registered
121 Posts
As Artie Johnson would say on "Laugh-in" very interesting....(tells you how old I am!) In the states, we pay for each car insured. (Even though you can only drive one at a time.) In Canada, does it go w/the driver and not how many cars one owns? Just a follow up w/ our recent dealer service. Only did what we asked and absolutely no up-sell of any kind. Pleased. Bought some Nissan Dot 3 brake fluid and the service adviser even stated they recommended brake flushes @ 20k miles which goes against what Nissan recommends (every 2 yrs.) This to me seems too often, 2 yrs.) Safe and pleasant holidays to one and all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts