Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I mean the dirt that builds up on the back corner panels, thrown by the back tires. Every time it rains, there are dirt and water spots all over the panels and back hatch. I added splash guards and they helped a little - but there's still crud and gunk back there. Soooo - I just installed fender well extensions that add 1.5 inches to the existing opening. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain and I can hardly wait to see how these work out. I also bought an add on piece for my power sprayer that rolls under the car to do a frame wash. You should see the dirt that washed off! Made my driveway a mess, but rather there than under the car!

I'll let you guys know how the extensions work out - wish me luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These worked out quite well! Here's a picture. The strips come with a few packets of the adhesion promotor that really works with the applied 3M auto tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder if the tires if the aggressive tread pattern of the tires are the cause of the problem? Good fix that didn't require any drilling/extensive modification.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really. When I had the OEM all seasons on, there was just as much crud back there as with these trail tires before I came up with this inexpensive fix (less than $40 for the whole thing and about 20 minutes of work). Now, not so much - just the usual from rain splatter but the dirt seems to stay on the extension and in the wheel well. BTW - I really like the tires! 1500 miles on them and they're really super. Great traction in all kinds of weather and on just about every road surface. I was really surprised at how quiet they are - with that open tread, I expected way more noise, but it never developed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quiet and great traction in all seasons. Fantastic! I wonder what sales Discount Tire Direct will have this 4th of July?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts