Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Jeep want's to be part of the recent crossover boom as they're coming out with a mid-sized Jeep crossover for debut around next year. Not quite sure when.

This was reported by autoexpress.co.uk.
The C-segment SUV is likely to revive the old Jeep Compass nameplate and is expected to rival models like the Nissan Qashqai, Kia Sportage and Mazda CX-5. It’ll debut at the motor show before going on sale at the start of 2017

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think Jeep want's to be part of the recent crossover boom as they're coming out with a mid-sized Jeep crossover for debut around next year. Not quite sure when.

This was reported by autoexpress.co.uk.
Jeep already has a Qashqai rival, the renegade... unless there's really that much difference bwtween a Juke and Qashqai that they belong to completely totally different segemnts... ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Renegade

Wheelbase: 101.2 in (2,570 mm)
Length: 166.6 in (4,230 mm)
Width: 74.2 in (1,880 mm)
Height: 66.5 in (1,690 mm)

Qashqai

Wheelbase: 2,646 mm (104.2 in)
Length: 4,370 mm (172.0 in)
Width : 1,800 mm (70.9 in)
Height: 1,595 mm (62.8 in)

Jeep needs another mdoel like a hole in the head.. already renegade and cherokee are priced on top of one another and now they think they can shoe horn another model in there... cannibalise away.. Sergio is about to run smack into diminishing returns...

·
Registered
143 Posts
They already tried this strategy with Compass and Patriot... the two only served to eat each others volume...
The market is much different than it was then though. It seems like almost any CUV made will have some degree of popularity assuming that it is a good quality vehicle.

It used to be that sedans were king, but now it's CUVs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not really. It is debuting soon. I think it is going to be a Juke competitor. There will be a hybrid version I am pretty sure.

I also was reading about a Porsche that is smaller than the Macan. Obviously that will be upmarket from the Qashqai, but it just goes to show how models are getting smaller. And these small models that are "CUVs" are not providing much utility. They favor styling over most other things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.