Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Jeep want's to be part of the recent crossover boom as they're coming out with a mid-sized Jeep crossover for debut around next year. Not quite sure when.

This was reported by autoexpress.co.uk.
The C-segment SUV is likely to revive the old Jeep Compass nameplate and is expected to rival models like the Nissan Qashqai, Kia Sportage and Mazda CX-5. It’ll debut at the motor show before going on sale at the start of 2017

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think Jeep want's to be part of the recent crossover boom as they're coming out with a mid-sized Jeep crossover for debut around next year. Not quite sure when.

This was reported by autoexpress.co.uk.
Jeep already has a Qashqai rival, the renegade... unless there's really that much difference bwtween a Juke and Qashqai that they belong to completely totally different segemnts... ???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jeep already has a Qashqai rival, the renegade... unless there's really that much difference bwtween a Juke and Qashqai that they belong to completely totally different segemnts... ???
Renegade might be too small, I think it sits in the same segment as the Kia Soul, so just imagine something in a segment right above that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They may be similar but at this point car companies are really splitting segments by very little. So it doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Renegade

Wheelbase: 101.2 in (2,570 mm)
Length: 166.6 in (4,230 mm)
Width: 74.2 in (1,880 mm)
Height: 66.5 in (1,690 mm)

Qashqai

Wheelbase: 2,646 mm (104.2 in)
Length: 4,370 mm (172.0 in)
Width : 1,800 mm (70.9 in)
Height: 1,595 mm (62.8 in)

Jeep needs another mdoel like a hole in the head.. already renegade and cherokee are priced on top of one another and now they think they can shoe horn another model in there... cannibalise away.. Sergio is about to run smack into diminishing returns...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I also think it'll be a bad idea for them to thin out their efforts, better off just sticking to the Renegade and giving people just that option unless they want to step up into the cherokee.

·
Registered
39 Posts
and you just know that FIAT is going to use the second jeep for something else. meaning there could be 4 possible options available int he same showroom...

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's a good point, some slight motivation for them to use it elsewhere under the FCA umbrella.

I just hope it's not going to be the sort of thing that digs them a deeper hole.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They already tried this strategy with Compass and Patriot... the two only served to eat each others volume...
The market is much different than it was then though. It seems like almost any CUV made will have some degree of popularity assuming that it is a good quality vehicle.

It used to be that sedans were king, but now it's CUVs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't think those brands have gone into CUV's as yet, for now it seems like they're still on SUV's, even the SUV market is booming, good fuel prices help with that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do know that Toyota is coming out with a vehicle of this size based on the C-HR concept. So that is another one for the segment.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not really. It is debuting soon. I think it is going to be a Juke competitor. There will be a hybrid version I am pretty sure.

I also was reading about a Porsche that is smaller than the Macan. Obviously that will be upmarket from the Qashqai, but it just goes to show how models are getting smaller. And these small models that are "CUVs" are not providing much utility. They favor styling over most other things.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hybrid sounds possible.
What do you think about them using that vehicle and/or it's platform for an EV? Might be what turns out to be the affordable BMW i3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts