Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I am currently looking into upgrading my speakers and find it rather challenging to determine what is able to fit or not. I have been in correspondance with the speaker manufactures and they have acknowledged that their database is not correct when they list my vehicle was able to use 6X9. I know that my doors front and back are 6.5. the tricky area is determine the mounting depth. Infinity speakers offer shallow mounted speakers with a mounting depth of 44.6 mm. I have read other threads where certain other speakers were used which are bigger than 2" in mounting depth. My question to you all. Does anyone know what the maximum mounting depth of a speaker can used in the hopes of not interferring with the windows of the doors? Just want to compare what is available and offers better sound quality.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I installed some Kenwood Performance series 6.5's in the back doors and I'm sorry I do not recall the depth allowed but I relied on the information from Crutchfield. The fronts are seperates ( JL Audio C 1's) professional installed w/the tweeters mounted in the factory location. (NOT were I requested and I highly suggest a different location.) Just pick a speaker which is very sensitive if you're using the factory radio. Even though the C1's are rated 91 dB, I find the factory head unit to be lacking and not doing justice to the sound. I put some Kicker speakers in two other cars and I was more impressed w/the sound from the stock radio.(Looking back I could have saved quite a bit of money and gone this route w/me doing all the work. The Kenwood's were a poor choice w/their 88 dB sensitivity but I got a great price on them.) The system really needs an amp. Since it the wife's car and she's not that really into sound quality, I'll leave it be. Hope things turn out well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Sparky! I found another forum where they mentioned the mounting depth is 3”. This gives me more options out there and flexibility to uses mounting spacers. I would have considered changing the head unit but there are features on the stock unit that an aftermarket unit cannot mimic. Thanks again and happy new year!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed some Kenwood Performance series 6.5's in the back doors and I'm sorry I do not recall the depth allowed but I relied on the information from Crutchfield. The fronts are seperates ( JL Audio C 1's) professional installed w/the tweeters mounted in the factory location. (NOT were I requested and I highly suggest a different location.) Just pick a speaker which is very sensitive if you're using the factory radio. Even though the C1's are rated 91 dB, I find the factory head unit to be lacking and not doing justice to the sound. I put some Kicker speakers in two other cars and I was more impressed w/the sound from the stock radio.(Looking back I could have saved quite a bit of money and gone this route w/me doing all the work. The Kenwood's were a poor choice w/their 88 dB sensitivity but I got a great price on them.) The system really needs an amp. Since it the wife's car and she's not that really into sound quality, I'll leave it be. Hope things turn out well.
I’m looking to make my sad rogue sport a happy rogue sport with nice sound. I’m still doing my research and looking for the right speakers with the stock HU, but I really don’t too know much about speakers still and I’m just wondering what decibel range I should stay between? From my understanding 91-98 db would be good with the stock HU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts