Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks. I was looking to see if anyone has ever checked/changed their PCV valve. Does the MR20DD engine even have a PCV valve (some cars don't use it anymore)? If so, where is it located? :unsure:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nissan Parts Deal will have a diagram showing where this part (11812-6N200) is located and costs $3.54 plus shipping/tax. I'd go to the local Nissan dealer and have them order you one as the shipping and tax from another source w/cost more than the part itself. Our RS has only 13K on it as we don't really go anywhere and we have 3 additional cars to drive. In your case, I'd personally would do a transmission pan drop and change the filter and clean the magnets and pan. Use dealer NS-3 fluid. (There's also an external filter as well!) Have you done a brake flush? I believe Nissan recommends one every 2 yrs. or 20k miles. This seems a little excessive to me BUT for warranty purposes you may want this done. (I personally bought the Nissan Dot 3 fluid and will do this myself shortly.) How's your tires? I can't wait to get the OEM Falken Sincera's SN 250's off the car as there's much better tires out there. Safe and happy times hopefully for us all! Bill.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Sparky. No, I haven't done anything with the CVT as yet. I have 21.6k miles on it. It was serviced at the dealer at 20k before I bought it and (since we're currently getting 3 weeks to the gallon - under 'self-isolating') I plan on bringing it to my home dealer and having that task (along with a brake flush) done to keep up the warranty. I still have some doubts about this CVT - horror stories about failures and problems come at you from all ends on the internet. This vehicle replaced a 2007Jeep Patriot with 87k on the clock, no attention to the JATCO CVT, and never an issue at all. If the subframe hadn't rotted out, I would still be driving it. On the PCV valve, I usually check these at least once a year and, since the oil in this engine is so thin and 'fumee' I suspect it will have lots of nice gummy deposits in it now, thanks to your advise on Nissan Parts Deal, I have finally determined where it is and manage to unscrew it to check it. So, as soon as life returns to 'normal' (if it ever does), I'll take it up to the dealer and have the work done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts