Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was in an accident in my Nissan Rogue Sport 2017 AWD. I am getting on front tire replaced by insurance . My question is whether I should replace BOTH front tires instead of just one because it's an all wheel drive. OR if maybe all FOUR tires need to be replaced on an AWD car?

I don't know what to push for or demand from the insurance co. The tires had 15,000 miles on them and very little tread wear. Insurance co is saying NO tread wear so only replacing one tire. How could a car have NO tread wear at 15,000?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Kathy

·
Registered
363 Posts
From what I understand its that with AWD cars both tires need to be replaced. Best to confirm it with your dealer and even ask a reputable wheel/tire shop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that the damage is repairable. And certain tires can last well above 30,000 miles depending on use. Did you find them to perform alright in wet or slippery conditions? So long as its an identical brand tire, only replacing the one shouldn't impact your performance. But you're just going to have to replace the other down the line anyways...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ultimately it comes down to tread wear. I'd say that if the wear isn't far off from a new tire, then you should be in the clear.
Also looking at your driving style, if its calm and not too demanding, its even more of a reason to just get one tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the cost is going to fall on your for additional tires, then I would probably just replace the one. Just make sure that all four tires are the same brand/model. I'm assuming that the one tire was damaged in the accident?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rotational pattern is important to take note of as well if these tires have them noted. Spent some time working in tire shops and i've seen wrong direction tires installed. Makes you wonder what else they do wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts