Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I gave up trying to get this off in case I damaged something. I've looked at the You Tube vids on this but I need idiot proof instructions. In the pic you see the cap with two possible entry points for the screwdriver blade.
Question 1.
Does the blade go into the Orange arrow gap or the Green arrow gap?

Question 2.
Which way do I push the screwdriver HANDLE once the driver is inserted? Do I push the handle toward the round plastic top? or....away from the round plastic top?

Thanks.
Hand Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tire

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK Folks I thnk I've found a decent You Tube vid that shows the removal. Hopefully the design hasn't changed but it shows going into the Green arrow gap and then pulling the screwdriver handle away from the cap. Basically pull the handle towards the passenger side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK peeps, here are the precise instructions to get the cap off. It isn't sufficient to just jam a screwdriver into the gap (green arrow in pic) and lever toward the passenger side, "wiggling it back and forth" as some You Tube vids suggest.. You might get lucky and remove the cap and wonder what all the fuss is about....or...you may end up like me and still can't get the darned cap off.
With good young eyes or a decent pair of readers (in my case) you will see a small sliver of spring clip that is just forward of the metal piece you see in my pic. Between the main metal piece and that spring clip....is a gap... The screwdriver blade needs to go into that gap. Then lever the driver toward the passenger side direction and the cap will come off. Basically you are pushing that spring clip toward the round top of the cap. Once I could see the spring clip then it was clear what needed to happen. No mention of spring clips in any vids I saw. I will say that the one I posted, the guy does in fact show the cap and clip assy after he has removed the cap but no mention of ensuring the screwdriver blade goes between the metal post and the spring clip. On mine that gap is very small so every time I placed the driver blade into the main gap I was missing the main post to spring clip gap entirely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts