Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had some JL Audio C1-650 component speakers installed in our 2017 Rogue Sport Front location. (According to Crutchfield's they should have not fitted but....I had these installed by some of the best installers in Roanoke. Audiotronics.) Unfortunately, the tweeters were not installed in the sail panels as requested. Instead they were installed in the factory dash location. Honestly not that bad sound quality wise. BUT I would have preferred the other mounting location. Wife seems to be pleased though which is all that matters as it is her car. My only piece of advice, if you're using the stock HU, do not install anything lower in sensitivity than 90dB speakers. Luckily the JL's are above that number. Thousand times better sound! The stock speakers are a joke.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why didn't you install speakers all around? Front and back? Why just the front?
And what's the deal with "component"? What's that mean? I'm use to Pioneer 2-ways or 3-ways, which is what I was thinking doing to my 17 Sport.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping the fronts were all that would be needed. But, upgrading the rears would add a nicer/fuller sound. (The rears would run another $65 for the labor and cost of speakers....The JL Audio c1-650x 2-ways another $120.) Component speakers have the tweeter separate which allows different mounting positions. The tweeters were installed in the factory dash location so the sound is bouncing off the windshield. I would have preferred the sail panel location. But honestly they don't sound bad at all. The JL's have so much better everything compared to stock. The 2-3 ways speakers combine all the components in one location. Since the speakers are down in the lower door panel (and slightly angled towards the front), you may not get the best of sound this way. Installing component speakers will cost more to install and in most cases the component speakers will need more power which the stock radio (HU) will not be able to provide well. Luckily, the JL's have 91dB @ 1w efficiency. A big plus. Upgrading the front/rear door speakers would be a huge improvement in any case. (I personally would have chosen the Kenwood KFC-1696 PS's if I would have went this route.) Lots of chooses!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts