Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a 2021 Rogue SL last month and have been looking for a decent forum dedicated to this vehicle.
This forum is the closest I could find.
When I owned a Rav4, there was an excellent forum that covered every aspect of this vehicle….inside and out.
Very surprised that the top selling Rogue doesn’t have such a forum.
Even though my Rogue is slightly different than the Rogue Sport, Im hoping to gain some insight on this awesome vehicle.

John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi John. This forum doesn't have much participation. Our RS has been pretty much flawless and there seems to be few complaints. (Except for the AEB, automatic braking system, which is a problem issue for some owners.) Our 17' base model is exempt from this feature...thankfully.) Just keep on top of preventative maintenance, especially replacing fluids on the Cvt, and your car should last a very long time. This forum is for the the Sport version. NICOClub.com may be better suited for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sparky,

Thanks for responding.
I noticed there isn’t much responding with this site. Like I said earlier, the Rav4 site has alot of discussions regarding modifications and just everyday interior and exterior care, covering many different years of this vehicle.
Wish there could be one as active and informative as that site for the Rogue.
I did check out several other Rogue sites, but again, there isn’t much specifically tailored for the Rogue and again not much feedback among members.
The Rogue is an awesome vehicle by most counts and deserves a dedicated informative site.

John

·
Registered
150 Posts
I will say the first time I saw the Sport, I thought it was just a gorgeous car. Was having work done on my Golf and I decided to walk over to the Nissan section to check out an ad they placed on their website for a RS for $17.5K new. Honestly, I thought it was the regular Rogue but in a "Sport" version. I was pleasantly surprised when they showed up w/the vehicle. Wife drove and we bought later that day. Has been very, very good for us. I do all the maintenance. (Dealer does State Inspections for free.) One thing was will say about these Direct Injection engines (not just Nissan's), they put gasoline into the oil. When you do an oil change, you can smell the gas in the oil. What percentage I don't know b/c I haven't sent out for a lab test. (I'm not worried b/c I change out the oil at least twice a yr.) BUT, if Nissan recommends a 0w-20 oil, which is on the thin side of viscosity to start with, what happens when gas is mixed in? The oil gets even thinner. That's the reason I used an oil w/higher viscosity. The engine runs so much smoother and there's much less valve noise. (My dealer will use an oil I bring in for a small fee if I decide to let them do an OC.) I installed a Fomoto Valve and oil changes have never been so easy. (I also used my Dremel tool and modified the plastic engine shield so I can drain the oil and have access to the oil filter. Just perfect this way as the engine shield is just a pain to remove w/any those push-in connectors.) Be sure to replace your cabin air filter once a yr. Air filters on the 2L RS get dirty rather quickly. Our CVT transmission has an external filter and a strainer/filter in the pan. Replace, clean the magnets in the pan and add fresh NS-3 fluid to prolong the life of the unit. I'm planning on doing this around 30k miles. Many safe and happy miles in your new Rogue!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts