Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan showed off the new IMx concept at the Tokyo auto show and Auto Express says it could influence the next gen Qashqai, which is also called the Rogue Sport depending on where you live. Too bad the dramatic creases and slashes on the IMx won't make the cut into production, but that's too be expected when a concept transitions to a production model.
Though Nissan senior vice president of global design, Alfonso Albaisa, didn't outright say that the concept will influence the next Rouge, he did say that "the IMx is a class size bigger than the Juke, suggesting it’s more likely to influence the next model up in Nissan’s lineup."

·
Registered
363 Posts
If true then we could be in for a real treat because right now the Rogue Sport looks like it could be from the early 2000's and not something that was designed in the mid 2010's and definitely not something Nissan should take with them to the 2020's.

Looking at the IMx rear, I can already see how a production Rogue Sport will be formed out of it:

·
Registered
45 Posts
If true then we could be in for a real treat because right now the Rogue Sport looks like it could be from the early 2000's and not something that was designed in the mid 2010's and definitely not something Nissan should take with them to the 2020's.

Looking at the IMx rear, I can already see how a production Rogue Sport will be formed out of it:

I absolutely agree with you. It seems like for some models Nissan's stucked in the 2000's. IMx would be a nice base for Rogue Sport to build a new design around.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps the tailights, but I can't imagine the next gen rouge sport getting the same rear that juts out so much, especially the steeply raked rear windshield. That's just horrible for rear vision.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I absolutely agree with you. It seems like for some models Nissan's stucked in the 2000's. IMx would be a nice base for Rogue Sport to build a new design around.
It sure would and this being a product marketed as a sporty product it will make sense if they have a coupe like design as seen in that concept. A coupe like crossover design will blend better in the current and future state of the car market. Toyota for one already did that with the CH-R. Looks like Nissan is just following lead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
C-HR is a great example actually. I like how this car attacks market these days, I see more and more C-HRs on the streets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts