Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
It appears to be an Exxon/Mobil product according to The Petroleum Institute of America. Great cold cranking VI and Viscosity Index. I find it strange that there's no molybdenum nor boron in the add pack? Look @ Mobil AFE 0W-20 and you see the same great VI's. I personally would choose another oil. BUT, it the long run it probably doesn't make too much of a difference as long as you change the oil/filter in a timely manner. I think there are better chooses. Eneos Sustina/Mobil ESP 5w-30 are much better oils IMO but they are going to cost much more than $25-35 a 5 qt. jug. Mobil AFE and Extended Performance appear to have better add packs than the Nissan oil. My selling dealer will use the oil/filter I bring in once a yr. (Keeping the warranty intact) and does the yearly state inspection for very, very reasonable $. I do believe they do use my oil and don't put in their bulk oil. (Which I can pretty much bet the farm it wouldn't be Qt. containers of Nissan 0W-20 oil.) So many great oils out there!

·
Registered
121 Posts
But they don't look the same! Different shades of yellow and let's not forget about purple oil. Haven't tasted them yet...but my engine/s have and all is well. Hasn't made a hill of beans really which one. Any quality oil will do as long as long it's the right grade for the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to Nissan but I will probably use Kendall or Sunoco as I have long done with other cars I have owned. I had a diesel mechanic friend who long ago said not to use Quaker State because it leaves a thick residue of wax in the oil pan. I don't know if that is still true, or if was a widespread problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts