Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Nissan has released the first special edition Qashqai since the second generation model hit the market in 2013.

Based on Qashqai’s top-spec Tekna trim, the Black Edition SV will feature style, safety and tech upgrades but the special crossover will only be offered with one engine option: a 108 horsepower 1.5-liter dCi 110 four-cylinder engine sending power to two wheels and it’s paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

What buyers will get is of course a new coat of paint, black leather upholstery, black 19-inch alloy wheels, front and rear styling plates, and door entry guards with the words “Black Edition” on them. On the inside owners will see an integrated seven-inch infotainment system with DAB radio, 360-degree Around View Monitor and navigation.

Also coming standard is the panoramic roof with one-touch shade that is a £400 option on the Tekna and Nissan’s passive and active safety features including lane departure warning, high beam assist, traffic sign recognition, forward emergency braking, blind spot warning, moving object detection and driver attention alerts.

Coming in at £27,310, the limited production Black Edition Qashqai costs £450 more than a similarly equipped Tekna yet the model represents around £1200 in savings if you were to buy the options separately.

For those who are interested, production is said to be limited though no exact number has been provided and it is now on sale.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Smart move since this basically is giving people some of what they would want to do on a aftermarket level. Plus its an easy way for Nissan to pull in more buyers at a low cost. Dodge did this with the Dart but the Dart was just a horrible vehicle to start, Nissan will see better ROI.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Dart was definitely horrible. That's why the end of it's production is nearing in the next few months.

But it's always a good idea to put out an edition that looks like it's been lightly, and tastefully modified. People love to buy them, especially the older generation because it has that "flare" and style

·
Registered
363 Posts
As long as they learn from it and bring out a product that's actually good. It seems they did well with the Chrysler 200, so maybe a cheaper version of that with the same range of options could be a successor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the 200 is getting axed as well. Time to make room for the barracuda so the challenger is gone after next year too lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think the 200 is getting axed as well. Time to make room for the barracuda so the challenger is gone after next year too lol
I think that might be because the platform doesn't allow for much movement, limiting them a lot when it comes to making the most out of that platform. Then of course there's the fact not many of the 200's are around.

Chrysler might be better off with a CUV, that's where buyers are most these days, what Chrysler needs more than anything these days is numbers and CUV's will get them to that point.

·
Registered
76 Posts
CUVs are definitely taking over, but it looks like the performance sedans are also stepping their game up. I think the hype for the hot hatches may be gone until the Type R makes it to North America. But considering how many things will be coming out by 2020, I think everything is up in the air at this point.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well there are two sides, you have the average consumer and then the enthusiast and for the most part the average consumer these days are gravitating towards CUV's. Just look at how many people are getting the HRV that once would have chosen a Civic, Fit, or even Accord.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yea.. but the average consumer doesn't really follow a hype I find. I think the hypes are more of an enthusiast thing. Whatever marketing hits the consumer better, is what they tend to gravitate to. That and brand loyalty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think due to fuel economy reasons. That and pricing. If it was more powerful, the pricing would have to jump with it ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
because actually improving performance costs big money, just making it look the part is cheap and requires very little engineering. No need to worry about things failing on you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's basically it. It really doesn't take much to add body parts and different coloured trim pieces and what not. I guess it also appeals to a lot more people too because they like to be "different" and "fancy"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts