Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help:
1. Battery, starter and alternator tests passed 3 times, but with lower CCA on battery
2. So replaced 5 years old OEM Battery yesterday with an H5(47) battery (see diff thread reply and post with battery size info)
3. Battery icon appears after few seconds of turning engine and not right away as before
4. Voltmeter showed with engine off, 12.6 V on new battery
5. Drove just about 30 min-1 h local stop and go
6. Besides normal suspects alternator, belt, voltage regulator what could trigger battery warning?
7. Are there fuses for alternator/Battery? and if fuse is out why would it even run?
8. I am educating on +ve terminal fuses/fuselink but don't know much so if you can help, I will appreciate it.
9. could it be current sensor on -ve terminal?
10. for fuses it refers to manual and manual does not have diagrams so got it from other fuse related sites (fuseandrelay dot com or fusecheck dot com)
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upon reading found that Main Current Battery Sensor Nissan 294G0C990C on -ve terminal of battery has to be reset when a battery is replaced. Also found this to reset for different make car
I am sure there has to be a process to reset for 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the info. I did not know about this. Wonderful. More complexity. I will say, a "new" battery is not necessarily fully charged when you buy it. Last battery I bought I had to put my trickle charger on it. Now the question (since I've not yet used my battery maintainer on the Sport), can you just hook the leads onto the battery terminals and not worry about something else that needs to be done? Our battery is getting to be 4 1/2 yrs. old and seems to doing fine and dandy. I was planning on using the battery maintainer in the near future to make it last. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would tend to run it for a while and see if that indicator light disappears. I recently replaced the Rogue Sport battery and did not see any warning lights before or after replacement. That may be down to how the battery failed, in my case it died on the spot but had enough juice to power door lights, radio etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@iceflow: thanks for the feedback! I will update, as I was thinking may be the car battery management system has to re-learn the system. This week in Northeast major snowfall/storm so it may take few days for me but i will update.
In my case it is OEM EFB battery and I replaced with non-Nissan AGM battery. Could you please inform, what was it for you before and what was it replaced with? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As FYI, Battery icon still present, even though OBDII showed "No Codes" and Batt (CCA and RC), Starter/Cranking, and Alt Test passed. Also (a) few Nissan Dealers website in FAQ talks about "establish" Battery after replacement (b) Rogue Sport J11 is first version in US and in Europe it was sold as QashQai, I think Battery Registration/Establish similar to Europe Cars has been introduced by Nissan and carried over in US. Will drive for a few days and update if Batt icon goes away after engine start and during driving or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello,
The battery that died in my Rogue Sport was the original Nissan battery. I replaced it with Duralast Platinum AGM battery. The Nissan battery lasted just over 3 years. That is in hot Texas and quite a few short trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,
The battery that died in my Rogue Sport was the original Nissan battery. I replaced it with Duralast Platinum AGM battery. The Nissan battery lasted just over 3 years. That is in hot Texas and quite a few short trips.
Thanks for the info. I understand hot weather and shorter life of battery. I am in Northeast PA and wanted to know.
I did the same OEM battery about 5 years old, and replaced when CCA showed lower than spec in battery test as I had battery warning light. Replaced with AGM but the light is still there. As FYI, alternator and Batt all checks out ok. My guess is ECM may correct by relearning when i drive around upto 100 miles or so with few drive cycles/trips. So far about 80 miles and 5 drive cycles. I am troubleshooting with help of expert Tech at 2CarPros dot com. Will update here once I find out. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts