Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

Nissan Showcases SUV Concepts Alongside 'Piloted Drive' Technology Due in 2017

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Specv 
#1 ·

Nissan has put on quite a show in Geneva. Premium Concept versions of the X-Trail and the Qashqai gave eye candy to the audience while Nissan announced that it would be debuting autonomous driving technology, named 'Piloted Drive 1.0', in the Qashqai when it receives its facelift.

In 2017, the Qashqai will get some revised looks, new cabin tech, and most importantly, Piloted Drive 1.0. Piloted Drive will be capable of autonomous driving in heavy traffic on motorways and A-roads. The system will not be able to switch lanes by itself,but Nissan has stated a goal of having "multiple-lane control" available in the next four years.

Nissan is planning to have a full lineup of models with the autonomous driving tech installed by 2020.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan...-to-launch-driverless-tech-on-qashqai-in-2017

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't think nissan is leading on this front. They are keeping up, but they are by no means going to be a leader. Partly they are going slower because they want to make the technology available at an affordable cost. Or so they say.

#8 ·
I may have been hoping for too much, technology that isn't yet available where the car switches lanes if the car in front is going slow. But if it can already turn, autonomous driving doesn't seem so far away. Even without the pilot drive, I like the paint scheme of the premium qashqai.

#10 ·
Seeing how Tesla is sort of in the lead here and has been taking good incremental steps to bring out self-driving cars, we could very well see Nissan follow in those footsteps. They just bought over 32% of Mitsubishi, so who knows, there might be something they can take from Mitsubishi to benefit them on the self-driving side of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.