Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan is going to be showing a new EV concept with an autonomous driving system in Tokyo. Before that debut, we have this teaser image.

The teaser image shows an illuminated 'V-Motion' front grille and boomerang-shape daytime running lights. It should take cues from the Gripz concept that was unveiled last month in Frankfurt.

It is believed that the concept may preview a next-generation Leaf, which is to be debuted in 2017. That Leaf will increase its range to at least 250 miles to compete with Chevrolet Bolt and Tesla Model 3.

The next-generation is to keep its hatchback configuration but may go with a more conventional styling at the front end. The production model will likely be much more toned down.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-teases-futuristic-ev-concept-for-tokyo-debut-90039.html

·
Registered
363 Posts
Smart move, this is exactly what we need a reputable budget brand bringing over an EV in a segment that's lucrative already. But how much more should we expect it to be? $10,000 more than a murano?

·
Registered
225 Posts
It could be the next-generation Leaf since it's lagging behind the newer models like the Bolt EV or the future Model 3. Really nice exterior design too. Even if it's not autonomous in production it could still give them a competitive edge in the electric market.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sure seems like it, proportions give that impression, at least from what can be made of it as seen here. Plus it wouldn't make sense to come out with another EV with similar proportions, best to keep the whole branding they established with the leaf.

Next move up for them needs to be an SUV.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am guess a next-gen Leaf. I would be surprised if it is something in addition to the Leaf. Seems like they would first focus on the next-gen Leaf before bringing something brand new to the game. The autonomous driving feature will be new enough, let alone a brand new EV model.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We won't be seeing the autonomous feature for a long time but I wouldn't say no to a body that lights up like the picture. You're more visible and it looks cool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We won't be seeing the autonomous feature for a long time but I wouldn't say no to a body that lights up like the picture. You're more visible and it looks cool.
"Long time" is relative. In the next year or two? Probably not. But Nissan I believe has said by 2020, so that means that in about 4 years we should be seeing it. Not that far off really.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Even sooner than that, companies over estimate and for good obvious reasons so even in 2 years time we could see it come to market or get very close.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The videos about how it works through the AutoGuide link are pretty interesting. Check them out if you are interested in future vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts