Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In celebration of the European sales success of Nissan's crossover range, Nissan will unveil two brand new premium crossover concepts at the Geneva Motor Show. The two crossover concepts are based off of the Qashqai and the X-Trail.

The Qashqai Premium Concept was put together by Nissan Design Europe (NDE) in London. This concept uses a contemporary matte black as the dominant exterior color with golden copper-colored detailing accentuating various points on the body shell. These accentuated points include the wheel arches, window line, headlight clusters and roof rails.

The Qashqai receives further detailing in the form of carbon fiber that can be seen in the lower sections of the vehicle's exterior.

The interior of the Qashqai concept has white Nappa leather upholstered seats with quilting detailing in the center of the seat. There is also a copper gold weave throughout the interior that contrasts with the black satin chrome and liquid gloss black found on both the steering wheel and gear shifter.

The X-Trail Premium Concept
was designed by Nissan's Global Design Center (GDC) in Japan. Despite being designed in a different branch of Nissan's design department, it shares many of the same themes and materials.

The X-Trail concept uses a matte white paint color as the main color for the exterior with a matte black carbon fiber finish on the hood and the roof. A golden copper color for detailing is also featured on the concept which can be seen on the front skid plate and the 20" wheels.

The interior of the X-Trail Premium Concept has a tan and black color scheme. The seats are covered in a tan leather and Ultrasuede combo, while the black carbon fiber finishing and matte chrome black are used on the dashboard and door trim.

"We allowed the creativity of our design teams to shine through in this two-car project," said Shiro Nakamura, Senior VP of Design & CCO of Nissan Motor Co. "Ultimately we settled on two designs – which are contrasting but share common themes – as they reveal a new premium character in our crossovers."

·
Registered
363 Posts
at least they got the exterior styling right but the interior I hope has gotten some of this color scheme treatment. But of course those at times can be more costly all depending on what is done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I actually like the exterior design and the paint scheme of the X-Trail Premium Concept. Since it's called X-Trail, I assume it can handle a few off road trails too?

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's possible they beefed up the suspension a bit which would be a good idea to do even if it was something minor and entry-level that costs a $1000 to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well it is the concept we're looking at here so come time for production, to make it production worth and deserving of the trail badge, beefing up its performance even slightly will do it some good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the point of these models is to give luxury and cosmetic upgrades, not performance upgrades.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Still some improvement in functionality would do it some good. I'd be happy enough with what's shown here though, still better than what we get currently which is quite basic.

·
Registered
363 Posts
They did, it's just that Geneva has so many more exciting things going on that this falls really low on the list of all the hype, very few media outlets have covered it in decent detail, the rest just made a slight mention of it. On communities like this you'll always find out more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts